Fpv video transmitter ???

skymaster

Elite member
Im thinking of buying a run cam 2. which i would like to use as a fpv camera on my planes. any suggestion on wich transmitter to use.

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Since it has a TV out (analog) you can use pretty much any 5.8g transmitter you like. For planes I wouldn't use less than 200mW. It really depends on where you want to shop and how much money you want to spend.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Well...

From what I know of the RunCam 2/3 models, they're great as action cams and capturing video while flying. That said, I do not see anything that allows for FPV connectivity via an onboard VTX, unless you use the built in Wifi transmitter. That wifi transmitters have been notoriously slow at video response, and I would NOT recommend trying to use one to fly FPV.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I think you'd be better off with a dedicated fpv camera. Runcam for HD, fpv cam for fpv. Or if you want both in the same package consider the Runcam split.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Well...

From what I know of the RunCam 2/3 models, they're great as action cams and capturing video while flying. That said, I do not see anything that allows for FPV connectivity via an onboard VTX, unless you use the built in Wifi transmitter. That wifi transmitters have been notoriously slow at video response, and I would NOT recommend trying to use one to fly FPV.

It comes with a usb breakout cable with an analog signal wire that can connect to a standard VTx. There is definitely more latency than a standard FPV camera, but for planes this is much less of an issue than with multirotors where you're flying in close proximity to objects.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It comes with a usb breakout cable with an analog signal wire that can connect to a standard VTx. There is definitely more latency than a standard FPV camera, but for planes this is much less of an issue than with multirotors where you're flying in close proximity to objects.

Ahhh....Something that's not obvious in the descriptions/pics on their website. :) Thanks for that info.