FREE PLANS WITHOUT BUILD VIDEOS?!?!

Captain Jay

Elite member
Hey everyone...

We are looking for some feedback! We have been chatting lately about planes that Josh designs that never get put into KIT form or have a BUILD VIDEO that come along with them and what WE WANT TO KNOW... is would having FREE PLANS for new planes that do NOT have a kit of video be something the community would WANT? or would this be more of an nuisance bc of no instructions...

LET US KNOW! ;) . If it is well received you might be seeing some PLANS come out in the near future!!

Blessings everyone and thanks for being AWESOME!

Stefan
As long as the plans can be in PDF format and printable letter size paper (tiles). If it's not available this way, I won't even look at it. Not being tiled is a huge problem for 90% (that's a guess) of this population. No one here has a plotter to print D size drawings and I'm not going to staples to pay them for a D size drawings. If the plans are tiled, the plans will get built by your followers.. At least I'll try a few

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
As long as the plans can be in PDF format and printable letter size paper (tiles). If it's not available this way, I won't even look at it. Not being tiled is a huge problem for 90% (that's a guess) of this population. No one here has a plotter to print D size drawings and I'm not going to staples to pay them for a D size drawings. If the plans are tiled, the plans will get built by your followers.. At least I'll try a few
I'll be doing the plans and they will be in the same format as all the other FT plans I've created. Full-Size, Tiled US Letter, and Tiled US Ledger sizes will be included.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
You know that free Acrobat Reader DC has the option to print any size PDF plan as tiles? It also has the option to scale the plan to any size you want. I prefer full size plans.
+1 on that, so many more options there. The only reason I will use the tiled FT plans is to print off a certain part, maybe I have to fix a plane that I have already built, like replace a rudder for example. Then I will just print the pages I need from the tiled plans. Other then that I will download the full size plans and let AAR tile them for me, at any size upscale or downscale

Tonero311

Plans with no instructions. Yes please. Be modified eventually anyway with my own touches to the airframe and I like to use different adhesives and methods to build my aircraft than flite test. Build video only really let's me know a rough order for component assembly.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Plans with no instructions. Yes please. Be modified eventually anyway with my own touches to the airframe and I like to use different adhesives and methods to build my aircraft than flite test. Build video only really let's me know a rough order for component assembly.
Been awhile man, have you flown the big Peit. yet?

TooJung2Die

Master member
Hmmm, I'll have to look at that, did not know this was possible...
The only reason I will use the tiled FT plans is to print off a certain part
The option is called "Poster" in the print dialog box. It will default to 100% size and you can change that. If you only need to print parts of the plan you can click on the tile you want in the tile view and print one tile at a time. You have to do that multiple time for multiple tiles so having a tile view of the plan makes printing portions of the whole plan easier. SPONZ always makes full view and tiled view plans anyway. :cool:(y)