FREE PLANS WITHOUT BUILD VIDEOS?!?!

Tonero311

Been awhile man, have you flown the big Peit. yet?

Not just yet. Another few weeks and the weather will begin to pick up. Then the Piet gets the cam strapped on and sent down the field for maiden.
Had to take a break there over Christmas. Exhaustion got better of me in the rush a few times, over for another year now and back to my favourite hobby again 😁.
Started another few projects recently too. Building 2 A-10's. 1 FT propped original and another modded with 2 x 6s 70mm edf's.
How have things been with yourself my friend? I still need to get a video up of the big FT-22 flying as promised before as well for you.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
How have things been with yourself my friend?
Been Up to a lot. Had a handful of maidens last week, you can catch those on the YT channel. Made another prop n slot, the Vector. Nice plane, flew it only the once so far. Designed a new trainer style plane, the Kitfox, based on the full scale bush plane. It flies great, had some people beta build it, @Wildthing completed his so far and gave it some decent reviews. There are a few others who are in the process of building it now, yet to fly it. Built the FT Racer, in my own style of course. That flew nice and fast but only flew that once so far as well. Also built the Sidewinder, a combat plane I entered into a contest and got first place on that. Won myself a top of the line Venom charger, a couple of 2200 4s batts and a battery checker, waiting on delivery of that package.

Been having signal issues with my Tx though. I think I might have cornered the issue though, I got snow on my gimbles as i was flying so i think I got some moisture in the electronics inside. Might have caved my Tx because of it. I will have to open it up to figure it out, but I am more looking to get a new one to upgrade from the DXe.

To summarize i went from 8 planes down to 3 just due to the signal issues trying to troubleshoot the problem, so my building and flying has slowed down in the past few days. Although i am building a new pylon racer as we speak, should be a fast one as well. I have gotten to prioritising my time to focus more on the household and family so all is still good. I look forward to seeing some maiden vids from you when you get the chance, be sure to keep us up to date (y)

Captain Jay

Elite member
The option is called "Poster" in the print dialog box. It will default to 100% size and you can change that. If you only need to print parts of the plan you can click on the tile you want in the tile view and print one tile at a time. You have to do that multiple time for multiple tiles so having a tile view of the plan makes printing portions of the whole plan easier. SPONZ always makes full view and tiled view plans anyway. :cool:(y)
Thx very much for that info. I'm going to try!! 😁

Tench745

Master member
+1 on that, so many more options there. The only reason I will use the tiled FT plans is to print off a certain part, maybe I have to fix a plane that I have already built, like replace a rudder for example. Then I will just print the pages I need from the tiled plans. Other then that I will download the full size plans and let AAR tile them for me, at any size upscale or downscale
You can also use Adobe reader, to print a portion of the full size plans, especially if it fits on only one page. Center what you want to print on the screen and go to Print, under Pages to Print click "more options" and choose "current view." Take a glance over at the print preview in the lower right corner to make sure it'll print what you actually want it to.

Wildthing

Legendary member
You can also use Adobe reader, to print a portion of the full size plans, especially if it fits on only one page. Center what you want to print on the screen and go to Print, under Pages to Print click "more options" and choose "current view." Take a glance over at the print preview in the lower right corner to make sure it'll print what you actually want it to.
I use the "current view " option for most repair jobs , way easier then trying to pick out specific pages.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Been Up to a lot. Had a handful of maidens last week, you can catch those on the YT channel. Made another prop n slot, the Vector. Nice plane, flew it only the once so far. Designed a new trainer style plane, the Kitfox, based on the full scale bush plane. It flies great, had some people beta build it, @Wildthing completed his so far and gave it some decent reviews. There are a few others who are in the process of building it now, yet to fly it. Built the FT Racer, in my own style of course. That flew nice and fast but only flew that once so far as well. Also built the Sidewinder, a combat plane I entered into a contest and got first place on that. Won myself a top of the line Venom charger, a couple of 2200 4s batts and a battery checker, waiting on delivery of that package.

Been having signal issues with my Tx though. I think I might have cornered the issue though, I got snow on my gimbles as i was flying so i think I got some moisture in the electronics inside. Might have caved my Tx because of it. I will have to open it up to figure it out, but I am more looking to get a new one to upgrade from the DXe.

To summarize i went from 8 planes down to 3 just due to the signal issues trying to troubleshoot the problem, so my building and flying has slowed down in the past few days. Although i am building a new pylon racer as we speak, should be a fast one as well. I have gotten to prioritising my time to focus more on the household and family so all is still good. I look forward to seeing some maiden vids from you when you get the chance, be sure to keep us up to date (y)

Moisture in electronics don't mix , I don't know if I would give up on your tx yet, I would order a couple different brands of rx's .

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Can you not just replace the Gimbals? What Tx you looking at getting? I'm going to be upgrading to a Jumper T16.
I’ve had my Spektrum in wet weather before and I haven’t had an issue. At Flitefest me and buddy went out in the pouring rain and didn’t cover his Taranis X7 and it was totally fine.
Really I am just trying to eliminate possibilities. I know there was a couple of times in the past week I did get snow on the transmitter, I blew it off right away but I am not to sure what it will take to kill a Tx as far as moisture goes. It might not even be the issue. I might open up the old one to see what's involved and if it looks like an easy process I will try to fix the new one.

I would also like to get the Jumper T16, just seems like the best bang for the buck deal, and it has awesome reviews.

TooJung2Die

Master member
The best fix for moisture in electronics is to get the liquid out before it corrodes anything. :p That said; you should try an aerosol electronics cleaner. Use one that is safe on plastics and leaves no residue. It's worth a try. What have you got to lose?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The best fix for moisture in electronics is to get the liquid out before it corrodes anything. :p That said; you should try an aerosol electronics cleaner. Use one that is safe on plastics and leaves no residue. It's worth a try. What have you got to lose?
I am going to open it up today and see what I can do about it. I have all this good weather to fly in for this time of year and it is a shame to waste it. Thanks for the advice

Ron Hayward

Hey everyone...

We are looking for some feedback! We have been chatting lately about planes that Josh designs that never get put into KIT form or have a BUILD VIDEO that come along with them and what WE WANT TO KNOW... is would having FREE PLANS for new planes that do NOT have a kit of video be something the community would WANT? or would this be more of an nuisance bc of no instructions...

LET US KNOW! ;) . If it is well received you might be seeing some PLANS come out in the near future!!

Blessings everyone and thanks for being AWESOME!

Stefan
I would like to see plans for the Sea Otter be available