Frequency question

Nonamerc

Arman
Dont know if they changed frequencies but that video is from 2010 and in late 2011 they discontinued the module that he was using. I have heard from somebody that the new frsky system operates on a wider spectrum.

Nonamerc

Arman
I asked some guys who are in the FPV hobby for about 4 years now, what they say is that your RC controll will work just fine but that your FPV signal will be very bad with much interference.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
cool. I'm thinking of applying for one. Although I think 420-430 is all that's available to amateurs here...And I'm not looking to go long range for a while yet...

Nonamerc

Arman
cool. I'm thinking of applying for one. Although I think 420-430 is all that's available to amateurs here...And I'm not looking to go long range for a while yet...

There are no UHF systems that operate on 420 MHz-430 MHz. All the systems are between 430-440 MHz some systems such as EZuhf operate on selectable frequencies. 430-433 433-435 435-438

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I've seen a couple that operate 415-445 (hopping). The ones from 430-440 are listed as 'secondary service' for amateurs, which means depending on the other uses in the area they might be OK. I'll check with ACMA on the equipment I'm thinking of using. They're unlikely to be too worried about it, given radio control is very low bandwidth on the frequencies it operates on. You can't be too careful here though, as the Tidbinbilla station receives Curiosity's signals when our side of the world is facing it. The Americans would be most unhappy with any interference on that line...

Nonamerc

Arman
I've seen a couple that operate 415-445 (hopping). The ones from 430-440 are listed as 'secondary service' for amateurs, which means depending on the other uses in the area they might be OK. I'll check with ACMA on the equipment I'm thinking of using. They're unlikely to be too worried about it, given radio control is very low bandwidth on the frequencies it operates on. You can't be too careful here though, as the Tidbinbilla station receives Curiosity's signals when our side of the world is facing it. The Americans would be most unhappy with any interference on that line...

Never heard of 415 445 mhz systems, link?? Also curiositys signal will go most lickely on 1.2 GHz since thats the frequency of satelites and gps. Some other satelites have much higher frequencies you wont need to wory that your 433 mhz system will give them interference lol

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
When you visit the station, there's a sign about 5km out that tells you to turn off all transmitting devices, including mobile phones, on pain of torture and years in Guantanamo Bay Prison. OK, I made the last bit up, but the ban on any transmitting device is heavily monitored and enforced. Anything that may create harmonics or disturb the signal in any way would get you in serious trouble. I'd imagine the system would have to be pretty darn sensitive to transmit and receive signals at an average of 255 million km...

This JR module system does the 415-445: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._UHF_Module_System_w_Receiver_JR_module_.html. It's very attractive given both the price and a hopping signal, and also plug and play capability with a 9x...

Nonamerc

Arman
RMILEC would be harmonic to 800-950 MHz in theory. But I was flying a week ago about 1km away from a transmission tower for cellphones which is arround 900MHz after 100 meter failsafe with my EZuhf. Yes this RMILEC system is good for the price but I would not trust this system for 10+Km since the sensitivity on RMILEC is much lower then EZuhf. EZuhf has one of the highest sensitivities of al UHF systems. I tought that something like 6dbi more sensitivity is double the distance that you can fly. Yes RMILEC can operate from 415 MHz to 445 MHz. But in most countries such as holland the legall frequency is 430-440 MHz. So you if you choice to stay legall you can only choose this frequency:
- Band 2
Frequency Range: 433.05MHz -434.79MHz

If you really want to be sure that UHF systems will create interference with curiosity is to call the locall HAM club/school for advice...

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I'll be checking with the Australian Communications and Media Authority, who administer the legislation and permits. I need to be 100% certain my gear is legal. I'm pretty sure my FrSky gear was checked pretty thoroughly by customs. I'd hate to have a $200+ order confiscated.

Nonamerc

Arman
I'll be checking with the Australian Communications and Media Authority, who administer the legislation and permits. I need to be 100% certain my gear is legal. I'm pretty sure my FrSky gear was checked pretty thoroughly by customs. I'd hate to have a $200+ order confiscated.

Yea in holland they let someone import a 900MHz system which is ilegall in Holland. In belgium illegal gear gets destroyed by costums.