Frsky voltage sensor with qx7

dsexton1990

Can someone please help me out I have a qx7 radio running x8r receiver and using a frsky voltage sensor once I have discovered the sensor it will only show 0volts in my radio the sensor itself shows correct voltage I even orded a second sensor to make sure it wasn't a bad one but I can't figure out why it only shows 0volts in my radio instead of battery voltage

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Can someone please help me out I have a qx7 radio running x8r receiver and using a frsky voltage sensor once I have discovered the sensor it will only show 0volts in my radio the sensor itself shows correct voltage I even orded a second sensor to make sure it wasn't a bad one but I can't figure out why it only shows 0volts in my radio instead of battery voltage

What version of Open TX do you use? There was a version out early that mixed up voltage or amps.. with watts. So if you wanted the voltage tracked you had to tell it to use watts. So it was reading properly but just had the naming wrong.

dsexton1990

What version of Open TX do you use? There was a version out early that mixed up voltage or amps.. with watts. So if you wanted the voltage tracked you had to tell it to use watts. So it was reading properly but just had the naming wrong.
I am currently running version 2.2.3 I am going to try setting it to watts and see wat happens like that

Flite Risk

So now I start going through the trouble shootint flowchart in my brain.

-verified voltage of a/any battery and every cell with a hand tester outside of the model

- tried multiple batteries

-tried multiple RXs

-is/are you using batteries LIPO

-tried setting up a different model in the radio and is bound correctly

-did you have the option to turn on telemetry when binding

-what protocol, PWM, Sbus, etc

-wiring, using correct wires, correct ports, wires are in the correct order and continuity

-- So we can see post some pictures of the sensor, different screens on your radio, Sensors, Logical switches, Special functions and or anywhere else you are setting something up.

we will figure it out. its just a dumb sensor.

Last edited:

dsexton1990

So now I start going through the trouble shootint flowchart in my brain.

-verified voltage of a/any battery and every cell with a hand tester outside of the model

- tried multiple batteries

-tried multiple RXs

-is/are you using batteries LIPO

-tried setting up a different model in the radio and is bound correctly

-did you have the option to turn on telemetry when binding

-what protocol, PWM, Sbus, etc

-wiring, using correct wires, correct ports, wires are in the correct order and continuity

-- So we can see post some pictures of the sensor, different screens on your radio, Sensors, Logical switches, Special functions and or anywhere else you are setting something up.

we will figure it out. its just a dumb sensor.
Cool will do I'm actually supposed to be going to the feild today so I'll try to get some pics an stuff