88.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Knuckle wheels.JPG
    Knuckle wheels.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 12

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
That does appear to be a "working" knuckle . . .

. . . but proof is in the puddin'.

Good luck on your remaiden, and don't let her beat you! (and do reposition those antennas -- that last silvery inch or so of the wire should be as far away from other wires as you can get them, and not parallel to each other).

Orcoz

Then it was that dreadful walk... hope is there, under the surface, but I've been down this road before. I swapped out the OrangeRX for a Brand Spanking New Spektrum AR610, and made sure the antenna was far away from the other electrics.

I decided to go further out than my driveway... and chose to find some nice soft dirt/tall grass.

It did fly - but really wobbly. Can anyone point me to a solid P and I setup for the knuckle? I'm using the Kk2.0, flashed with KapnKruk's (sp?) v1.6, and then followed this really slick video by EluminerRC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAXSBCtSLY

Orcoz

Unfortunately, the 3rd motor is really slow to start, and I couldn't get much more than 2" off the ground before the wobbles would set in, which makes me turn chicken in a hurry.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Does that third motor spin freely when unpowered?

Your setup procedure looked right -- they should all spin up pretty close to each other.

Orcoz

Dang... I went back through the setup, from resetting to mfg spec on, and that motor still is slow to start up. I'm wondering if I could've damaged it in the wreck? Pffffpptttt.... I've ordered a couple of extra motors from Lazertoyz, but they aren't here yet.

Up on the shelf it goes. :mad:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Sometimes when a KK2 is on a battery for a while, armed and idle, the synch is temporarily lost. I see this when I land and take off again in the last quarter or so of battery life 3.8 -3.7v.

Ensure you test for simultaneous start up on a fresh battery and freshly connected to the FCB, not after it has flown.

If a fresh battery does not turn the trick, pull the rotors and re-synch the ESCs to the KK2.

If that does not turn the trick. Rotate your motors. Put motor 1 on the boom for motor 2 etc...Does the problem follow a motor or is the problem stuck to a boom?

If the problem moves with the motors, pull (gently) on the connectors and see if one is loose or has a cold solder connection. If not then pull the motor that is sluggish and clean it out and try again or try a spare motor.

If the problem sticks with the boom, calibrate each ESC individually to the remote (not the KK2).

SimonK makes a HUGE difference. I cannot stress how much simpler it is to build and fly a copter running Simon K and light fast motors and 8" rotors.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
i feel your pain i flew a tricopter into 20 walls and 15 different fans, i would post pics if the micro pieces were visible

Orcoz

I've reached out to "readytoflyquads" to see what he'd suggest. The motor tested fine, so I'm thinking it could be the ESC. But I don't have the tool to flash it to SimonK. Meh. Anyway. I'll update as I make progress.

shortbus1989

I do random gravitychecks
Sorry you've had so much trouble with your H quad, I guess I have been lucky with my quad then. I just finished building my first 500 sized cat frame quad and only had one crash so far that was completely pilot error. I do understand your pain though as I've been having problems with my E-razor 450 and I'm about ready to give up on it and just mount it on the wall.

Maybe take off the blades and see if any of the motors spin up slower or faster than the others.