Possessed ESC

FishbonesAir

So, I was working on getting the settings straight on my Aura Lite. Just when I felt like I had that working... my 25a FT ESC decided it was time to reverse itself. As in, Full throttle is now bottom, and no throttle is top. I haven't the foggiest idea how this happened, I wasn't messing with the motor. I'm truly beginning to think this airplane is possessed. I don't know how to get it turned back around normal; all I can do is "calibrate" the esc, in the wrong direction, as it thinks Full is at the bottom, and won't allow you to calibrate unless you start with the throttle at the bottom.

Any help appreciated.

quorneng

Master member
It sounds like the throttle needs to be reversed on the Tx. Note Futaba throttle is set reversed as standard!
The throttle should then behave normally and a throttle calibration possible.
Do let us know how you get on.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
It's possible you reversed the throttle output on the Aura. Make sure the sticks match on the input screen, do not just reverse the throttle in the radio if they are working correctly on the input screen. The sticks on the input screen MUST match the sticks on the radio.

LB

Piotrsko

Master member
In the past I have reversed my esc's on startup by having the throttle stick at the top to start when I turn on the reciever.

FishbonesAir

It's possible you reversed the throttle output on the Aura. Make sure the sticks match on the input screen, do not just reverse the throttle in the radio if they are working correctly on the input screen. The sticks on the input screen MUST match the sticks on the radio.

LB
This sounds most likely. How do I put it back?

Bricks

Master member
Don`t forget to reset failsafe after reversing the throttle or at least test it. Turn radio and plane on give some throttle shut radio off motor should quit once connection is lost. Be careful as if it is not working it will go to full throttle.

FishbonesAir

Don`t forget to reset failsafe after reversing the throttle or at least test it. Turn radio and plane on give some throttle shut radio off motor should quit once connection is lost. Be careful as if it is not working it will go to full throttle.
Oh, very important safety tip. I'll check that!