• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ft-22 swappable mod

The Hangar

This is my third ft-22. It is an awesome airplane, and my first two were in my beginning stages and didn’t last too long😉. In one afternoon, I built another one and got to maiden it! But I wanted to be able to fly it off my power pods. I did a-folds on the nose piece instead of b-folds. This made it narrower so I could fit the swappable power pod on it. I was worried that the little bit of down thrust on the motor would cause it to pitch down too much, so I gave it a little of up elevator trim. It flew amazing! I’ll include a couple pictures of it.

Attachments

BATTLEAXE

This is my third ft-22. It is an awesome airplane, and my first two were in my beginning stages and didn’t last too long😉. In one afternoon, I built another one and got to maiden it! But I wanted to be able to fly it off my power pods. I did a-folds on the nose piece instead of b-folds. This made it narrower so I could fit the swappable power pod on it. I was worried that the little bit of down thrust on the motor would cause it to pitch down too much, so I gave it a little of up elevator trim. It flew amazing! I’ll include a couple pictures of it.
Neat pod mod bro

The Hangar

I’d never really modded the plans as I built, so this was a first for me... I’ve made ways for my pods to fit later after completely building, but it was cool to incorporate it into the build this time.

The Hangar

So, I built this plane to practice low inverted passes because my others proved to be brutally tough. I have had several hard crashes, but that’s OK since I have really improved! Basically, it was in need of a repair. I decided to use some light wooden things to keep the nose straight. I also created a hatch in the back to put my battery in since I like to fly my FT-22 really tail heavy😀. I added a molded piece of foam to cover the gap in the nose that the swappable power pod doesn’t cover. That’s where the original battery hatch was.

Attachments