Ft after hours....NO full scale please

crash1414

FTafterhours podcast host
Yes I have flown full scale but I thought the podcast was all about rc?
No full scale discussion or interviews please.

Tglenn, I appreciate the comment and your honesty. Let me start by saying I listen to a lot of podcasts and it may surprise you that 95% of them are not RC related and really vary in topics. Now before I started my own podcast sometimes I would get disappointed on a subject or a direction of a show I was listening to that day. So now after running the FT Afterhours podcast for over 2 years I understand there are going to be times that the things we talk about people may not always like.
The crazy thing is sometimes I think we really have a good podcast and it just does ok and other times we have no idea what to talk about and it does really well so you just never know sometimes. The other thing is with the Afterhours crew working full time jobs and dealing with kids and families we don't always get out to fly as much or the weather is crappy or there is just nothing new in the RC community so there isn't much choice. I personally think its good to vary our subjects and broaden the scope of what we talk about. I have to be honest I do intend to talk a little full scale stuff in the near future and I'm not sure what RC stuff you like to fly but if you like RC sailplanes you just might like the the full scale talk coming up in the future. I say give it a listen and tell me what you think.
Thanks for listening and happy flying-Chris
ing

crash1414

FTafterhours podcast host
I too am a Full-Scale pilot, an A&P Mechanic, an RCer since 81 but before all that I first flew Estes rockets and CONTROL LINE COX 0.49 MODELS. If FT is soooo diverse how about some episodes on what we did before DTFB and cheap china crap! IMHO of course.

maybe throw us some subjects you never know.

Last edited:

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
If I could fly for real. That... That is what I'd want to do.

Something with big tundra wheels ;)

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Why would you say that? The OP was expressing his opinion. Feel free to express yours, but there is no need to put down, suppress, or diminish someone else's opinion.

Best regards,
PCH

Dito to phugger said dont put down another person's opinion you may not agree with op's opinion but disregarding it is Un called for.Most of us here accept opinions but if you put down some on else's post that can not be accepted.
So please express your opinion but dont put down other's
Thanks
-Airhawk

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
If it flies, that's the Flite part. If it explodes, that's the Test part.

Once it flies whether it lands or explodes, I think it's relevant.

It's not like this show is called SafeFlite, or KidsFlite.

I don't wanna see Josh do AdultFlite. :(

Nope. That's where I draw the line. :)

airhawk

Crashing Ace
If it flies, that's the Flite part. If it explodes, that's the Test part.

Once it flies whether it lands or explodes, I think it's relevant.

It's not like this show is called SafeFlite, or KidsFlite.

I don't wanna see Josh do AdultFlite. :(

Nope. That's where I draw the line. :)

ha but the less pg ft is rotor riot but both are equally amazing

AerodromeChris

I've been to the Aerodrome in Rhinebeck. I'd love to see FT try a Delsey Drop!
The earliest models look more like balsa scratch builds - amazing.
Well worth a visit if you are in the area.
http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/

Best regards,
PCH

I've done the delsey dive with models before...it's really tricky line of sight. I find it helps to make passes directly towards and away from you since you don't have to guess distance as much. That said I did witness a guy with a 1/4 scale plane that could pop a freely climbing balloon with the prop l.o.s....better depth perception than I lol. Would love to give it a go with fpv at some point! I've gone for a ride in the full size Tiger Moth cutting TP a few times...it looks so slow and graceful from the ground, but in the air it happens fast. One second the ribbon is way out in front, the next it's GONE!

You're right about the pioneer aircraft, the building techniques of the time are very similar to balsa models. They just use more dense woods, like spruce...even bamboo in some cases! vlcsnap-2015-11-03-12h08m22s904.png

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
I would have to say I am a little biased to the full-scale stuff as well. By no means is there any intent to make the podcast more based on one thing more than the other, but I think there is some value in diversity.... plus....I mean...c'mon!!!!

10984106_919635720950_1415534844472327245_n.jpg 1064870_714428762340_1914079372_o.jpg

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
Ha... I do have it as my wall paper on my desktop.

I also love this one.. this was after buzzing my home airfield in Urbana at about 30 ft off the deck!!! and then pulling up and away from the airfield... I remember the trees to the top left, were above the airplane when we were coming down the runway!!

322903_707511913760_815752595_o.jpg