FT B-25??

I found a B-25 kit on the store and a build video on Youtube but have not been able to find a flight video or any other info on this one. Was it an unsuccessful design? or did it fly well and just get no love? I would like a bit more info on it before i try building and flying it as the build with the powerpack will be a bit of a cost.

Tyvm

Rara

The FT B-25 hasn't gotten nearly enough love yet IMHO. But, it was released late in the year when flying is way down in most areas.
I built one, and I've only been able to fly it once so far, but I'm a big fan already. It flies very well, looks great in the sky, and with the bomb bay, and the removable turret on top, it is incredibly versatile. I've been toying around with a camera mount for the turret spot already.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Noahangel11 did a great MS style B-25 if you're still His build log is here. I built one and it looks and flies great!

If I built another one. I would change two things on it though:
  1. The battery tray is attached to the nose and slides in and out of the fuselage. It makes it difficult to tuck cords in- it would be better to have the tray attached to the fuselage instead.
  2. The elevator runs on two servos. This arrangement makes it hard to get them to operate evenly together-even with fiddling with settings, one elevator flap always seems to travel farther or move faster than the other one. To eliminate this, I would have used one servo with two pushrods instead.
That said, if you're still interested in building the FT B-25 available at the store, you may want to start up a build log of your own and share with the group. Good luck!

The FT B-25 hasn't gotten nearly enough love yet IMHO. But, it was released late in the year when flying is way down in most areas.
I built one, and I've only been able to fly it once so far, but I'm a big fan already. It flies very well, looks great in the sky, and with the bomb bay, and the removable turret on top, it is incredibly versatile. I've been toying around with a camera mount for the turret spot already.
Thanks thats exactly what i was looking for and i'm sold!!!

Noahangel11 did a great MS style B-25 if you're still His build log is here. I built one and it looks and flies great!

If I built another one. I would change two things on it though:
  1. The battery tray is attached to the nose and slides in and out of the fuselage. It makes it difficult to tuck cords in- it would be better to have the tray attached to the fuselage instead.
  2. The elevator runs on two servos. This arrangement makes it hard to get them to operate evenly together-even with fiddling with settings, one elevator flap always seems to travel farther or move faster than the other one. To eliminate this, I would have used one servo with two pushrods instead.
That said, if you're still interested in building the FT B-25 available at the store, you may want to start up a build log of your own and share with the group. Good luck!
that build log sounds like a plan if i can figure out all the camera stuff...

dberg97

Just finished a second scratch build of the b-25. I learned a lot from the first and added rudder control. It’s a heavy plane and the tail didn’t like coming around when we initiated turns. The kids have been having a great time dropping paratroopers and snap-its from the bomb bay.

Attachments

• 71303935075__DC279A91-398F-4EA2-9CDD-3860F1F0B1D1.fullsizerender.jpeg
    71303935075__DC279A91-398F-4EA2-9CDD-3860F1F0B1D1.fullsizerender.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0