FT Bloody Wonder is awesome

cdraptor

I am loving this FT Bloody Wonder. I have been loving the Flute Test builds - scratch & speed build. This isn't the maiden but it is my first real flight after getting it trimmed and putting on some decals for orientation. I think I like this over the Versa Wing. It is so crazy agile - In the video I am running at like 75%

I will be building more of these for friends.

eagle4

The bloody wonder was my first plane, such an awesome machine, your friends will love them. You might find you'll need some BBQ skewers angled to hold the tail fins on if you're going to use them for combat, but otherwise its a rock solid airframe.

I also found to put a thin coating of hot glue on the bottom edge of the tail fins, this will stop the paper delaminating after a few landings.

Gryf

Similar to Eagle4, I glued skewers along the bottoms of the fins to take landing impacts. Now I'm waiting for warmer weather so I can actually fly it. :-(

Gryf

Chocotaco101

I also love my bloody wonder. So much so that I just purchased a gopro hero 3 to mount on it, just waiting for my spektrum dxi in the mail :) image.jpg

Grauwulf

Got mine built as well! First ever scratch build, and it turned out half decent. It's already taken a fair bit of abuse in a few flights, but is still going strong. I'm using the 24g motor, so it's a *little* underpowered in comparison to some of the ones I've seen, but it still flies with pretty good authority. I'm already thinking about building a second one and making it a little more pretty this time. I'm also working on potential camera mounts for both my 808 cam and my GoPro that I just got. :D

IMG_20140811_230659.jpg

csitas

sorry

Hello guys; You know when talking about these wonders, if your thumbs are up to it, you can motor these things right on up. I don't have any way to know how fast is fast ,but I know it'll cover alot of sky in a hurry. Definetly not a low light or sundown type of flight time. Just a little more filament tape and your ready for the ride of your of your RC life. Also , makes a quite a bit bigger mess when you come down un announced.

Last edited:

Sahara54

I'm just getting back into the hobby after almost 10 years away and just purchased the BW and from everyone here it sounds like it was a good choice. I used to fly Nitro about 10 years ago and usually get 1-2 flights a year with a little Yak 54 foamy I keep around.

Mytchak

KG5CZA
It's a great little plane. My son and I built ours a couple of weeks ago and he loves to fly it. Great little plane.

-David