FT Bushwacker hovering issues

mrwhiskers

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Soooo, i finally got my Bushwacker flying. I got it as a speed build kit for Christmas. I wasn't initially satisfied with the amount of tip-stall issues I experienced, so I twisted the wings a bit with a heat gun and now it flies great! My only problem is, it doesn't hover as good as i had expected. It hovers ok for a few seconds, then it wants to roll over onto its back and I don't quite have enough aileron authority to hold it. I have the ailerons set up with high throws (the high setup in the throw gauge) and yet it still has this problem. Peter and Josh seem to be able to hover theirs perfectly in the video for it, but i just can't get that kind of stability in a hover. Hope someone has an solution for this.

Mytmerc83

IMO the throws that the gauge gives are not enough for 3d flying, 100% is good with 15-30% expo will give all the authority you should need. If your not comfortable with 100% put dual rates on a switch to fly low for normal and high for 3d. I know on my big bushwacker I was having the same issue but then I remembered that when flaps are on I have down elevator built in so was causing it to flop over. Hope it helps, throw up a video if possible.