FT Commuter speed build kit / how good ?

Bigeard

Hello All ,
It has come down to a toss up between the FT Bushwhacker and the FT Commuter mighty mini as a first trainer model . I have to admit to admiring the more sleeker lines of the Commuter and after watching the kit build video , it does seem a more slidly built plane although Im not 100% taken with the landing gear which I think might need slightly larger wheels for landings on the park grass ?
Anyway could any of you members out there reccomend the Commuter as a trainer ? and if so what are its slow flying capabilities like ?
thanks

FlamingRCAirplanes

Elite member
Hello All ,
It has come down to a toss up between the FT Bushwhacker and the FT Commuter mighty mini as a first trainer model . I have to admit to admiring the more sleeker lines of the Commuter and after watching the kit build video , it does seem a more slidly built plane although Im not 100% taken with the landing gear which I think might need slightly larger wheels for landings on the park grass ?
Anyway could any of you members out there reccomend the Commuter as a trainer ? and if so what are its slow flying capabilities like ?
thanks
It flies very slowly. So slowly there is no need for landing gears. And if you do have them it won’t take off of them via grass but it is super light and I just hand launch it. It also is so stable you don’t need to control it during takeoff

Bigeard

It flies very slowly. So slowly there is no need for landing gears. And if you do have them it won’t take off of them via grass but it is super light and I just hand launch it. It also is so stable you don’t need to control it during takeoff
Hi KN41UU ,
Can you please confirm the right size Lipo battery to use with the FT power pack A for the FT Commuter and weather 2s or 3s
Thanks

Bigeard

Don't think I've seen ben around here much! :D
Hi Ben ,
Well it is my first RC experience even though Ive made various types of models on and off over many years and if I dont do it now , I never will . After asking many questions on the FT forum from a lot of experienced members , I finally decided rightly or wrongly to start with the FT Commuter kit which you can still buy here in the UK . I do like the look of it and watching the build video it does look like a solid little kit s, so fingers crossed . I would eventually like to build the FT Corsair speed build (737mm ) or the FT Spitfire speed build >
Thanks

Taildragger

Legendary member
Hi Ben ,
Well it is my first RC experience even though Ive made various types of models on and off over many years and if I dont do it now , I never will . After asking many questions on the FT forum from a lot of experienced members , I finally decided rightly or wrongly to start with the FT Commuter kit which you can still buy here in the UK . I do like the look of it and watching the build video it does look like a solid little kit s, so fingers crossed . I would eventually like to build the FT Corsair speed build (737mm ) or the FT Spitfire speed build >
Thanks
I'm not ben, @Mid7night is. He designed the commuter!

Corsair714

My excuse is Im 64 and was brought up in a tough neighbourhood in the harsh and cold North East of England . Joined the elite of the Army at 16 , mixed with the wrong people sometimes , got into all kinds of scrapes etc , etc , etc.....
;):D:D:cool:(y):devilish:
hahaha. That's really cool. Thank you for your service even if you weren't part of my countries military. My dad also joined the military when he was 16