Admin
fliteadmin submitted a new resource:

FT Commuter - FT Commuter Free Plans

FT Commuter

Designed By: Ben Harber
Plans By: Dan Sponholz
View attachment 134957

Description:
The FT Commuter is a community design by fellow Flite Tester Ben Harber. It is an intermediate build and flies as you would expect a small trainer. It can be set up as a bank and yank with aileron and elevator control or you can set up an optional rudder. The Commuter is perfect to throw in your back seat when on the go! It is an...

Read more about this resource...

rlvgates

Problems: 1) Piece marked "Dihedral Gauge" looks like it is actually a Throws Gauge. 2) Unidentified piece is the "Dorsal Fin", according to the build video. 3) There are no center-of-gravity marks on the wings.

Battery800

Elite member
I’m considering using an f pack motor instead because I don’t have an a pack motor. Is that too powerful?

Battery800

Elite member
You don’t need to. If you have something like adobe acrobat reader ( the free one) you can just scale it up 200% and double up the thickness of the foam

omkar sheral

Found it. Thank you so much @Battery800 :)
1615987668164.png

Trukntigger

Built this twice now, "A" tile sized. Both times I'm noticing the wing incidence to tail is massively out of wack. Not sure if in the plan, my printing or what but ended up adding two layers of foam board shims to trailing edge to get it even close then it will fly. Rest is ok tho the precision needed for front nose area and engine top cover has my paper coming off the dtfb real easy. Flying on a old used umx turbo timber rx/esc modded with 9g servos instead of the linear it has on board, using 2s300 pack, about 4-5 mins with surpass hobby c2822-1400kv and 8x3.8 prop- pulls 8amps max (limit of the rx/esc. Takes off on gravel in about 3' tho landing a bit rough. Aileron and rudder great but elevator pretty aggressive and touchy. Fly in a small field fairly well and the built in gyro and safe do work ok. Still this wing angle bothers me. First try it was so bad it just kept stalling and wouldn't get nose down. Anyone else notice this?