Ft Duster 137% upscaled

Etienne

Hi There
Anyone built a Duster upscale to 137%.
I am busy with a project in South Africa and I am using foam-x, apparently it is a bit heavy compared to the stuff Flight Test use, I think it might be stronger so I am making some lightening holes were I can.... Do you perhaps know how much all the cut parts should weigh for 137% before assembly, no electronics or motor etc.
Thank you
Etienne

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hi There
Anyone built a Duster upscale to 137%.
I am busy with a project in South Africa and I am using foam-x, apparently it is a bit heavy compared to the stuff Flight Test use, I think it might be stronger so I am making some lightening holes were I can.... Do you perhaps know how much all the cut parts should weigh for 137% before assembly, no electronics or motor etc.
Thank you
Etienne
Another fellow South African!!!! You're the only other South African I've seen on here.. Since 2015... Welcome

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Well you'll want to multiply 1.37 x 1.37.. That'll give you how much more foam the plane will use... About 1.7 times more...
Then multiply 1.7 by the dry weight, and minus about 250grams.... That'll give you a rough guess... I don't have the dry weight with me, or I would. Have done it for you...