• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
FT Goblin Plans

FT Goblin Plans 1.0

Thanks Headbang,
I a new to this but when I import the pdf to convert to dxf I get all the fold type marking lines as well that I will have to remove before cutting, Am I missing something?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Thanks Headbang,
I a new to this but when I import the pdf to convert to dxf I get all the fold type marking lines as well that I will have to remove before cutting, Am I missing something?
You can delete the stuff you don’t want by selecting same stroke and fill. Or, turn off those layers when it is a PDF then export what’s left.

Headbang

Thanks Headbang,
I usually import, clean everything up and lay it out more suitable for cutting. Then save as dxf. Then open that in estlcam and setup my cuts to be exported to gcode. Beginning to end takes about 30mins per sheet. It is a lot of work for a 1 off, but how often do we just cut one? Setting up the cuts will depend on your machine compatibility.

You can delete the stuff you don’t want by selecting same stroke and fill. Or, turn off those layers when it is a PDF then export what’s left.
I have imported into Inkscape and can select and move to layers, you mention to turn off layers when its a pdf, I have tried a few pdf readers and they don't see the layers, If I import the pdf to Inkscape it does not have any layer either, Am I using the wrong pdf reader or can I only get layers by using Inkscape and selecting stroke and fill and moving myself?

thank you