FT Gremlin - Emax Femto and Frsky XM sbus no worky

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
****SOLVED! Thanks for the help everyone.

RX and Taranis ARE bound. I got the green light and it turns red if i turn my radio off.

I tried RX 3 and than read something somewhere that frsky has reversed sbus and you need to use uart2 so i moved the data line to rx2 (what the manual calls it, assuming thats uart2).

Receiver type is setup to Sbus and Sbus serial provider
Both ports i get nothing on the receiver tab.

Only thing that changed going to rx2 was now the no radio alarm on the quad is going crazy all the time.

have no idea what is wrong.

145803t6r68pcbhksmma9s.png.thumb.png

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did you turn serial on in the ports tab?. I know the receiver I run is using ppm and its on RX2 and works fine. But for using Sbus then its got to be set to serial in the ports tab and saved.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Maybe try reflashing to refresh everything? Seems these Femtos can be a bit finicky at times and several times now simply reflashing has cured a few head scratcher problems. Mad fun once they are set up though and that makes it worth the issues and troubleshooting. I was out LOS ripping the snot outta mine this afternoon before I make another attempt at getting a stable FPV system on it.

thenated0g

Mentor
found the problem. First off frsky nees to use rx2 for sbus.
Than i had this issue:

all better now. Zadig fixed the driver issue and betaflight 3.2 fixed my receiver missing issue.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
gah.. I did it again.. I called it Immersion RC driver fixer tool in another thread earlier....Now I gotta go find it.

thenated0g

Mentor
I havent done anything with multirotor's or flight controllers in a while and i guess this is a normal problem i just wasnt aware of. After solving this problem with the zadig program i was watching Joshua Bardwell's Betalfight 3.2 setup video and right in the beginning he talks about this problem as a normal thing and recommends that impulserc program. Would have been nice if TJ had mentioned this but he probably is so involved in the hobby it is just a normal issue. Since fixing this problem i have had a couple people on Instagram ask me how i fixed this problem as they didnt know how to fix it as well.