FT Aura 5 - No Valid RX Signal w/ ELRS

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
like I connect it via cable to my computer, click connect in the aura config board and it says "com port not found, please disconnect and reconnect aura" I disconnect and reconnect and I get the same message.
do you have anything open like Cura, beta flight, or anything else that would grab a serial port?
are you using a data cable or just a charging cable? [charging only cables don't have the data lines...]
have you checked your device manager to see if the aura shows up when you connect it?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
do you have anything open like Cura, beta flight, or anything else that would grab a serial port?
are you using a data cable or just a charging cable? [charging only cables don't have the data lines...]
have you checked your device manager to see if the aura shows up when you connect it?
nope, only firefox browser opena at the same time. I am using a data cable that came wiht the aura. the aura shows up, it makes the sound when it connects, yet I still get the error

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
nope, only firefox browser opena at the same time. I am using a data cable that came wiht the aura. the aura shows up, it makes the sound when it connects, yet I still get the error
  1. have you contacted support or only posted on the forum?
  2. does it require a special driver to be installed for windows to correctly detect it (lot of other hardware like it requires a special windows driver)? and if so, have you installed the special driver?
  3. have you checked your device manager to see if the aura shows up when you connect it?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
  1. have you contacted support or only posted on the forum?
  2. does it require a special driver to be installed for windows to correctly detect it (lot of other hardware like it requires a special windows driver)? and if so, have you installed the special driver?
  3. have you checked your device manager to see if the aura shows up when you connect it?
I do not believe it needs a driver, but I will look into it, I havent thought about that, I forgot to contact support, will do soon, though it is way out of warranty by now. It does show up in the device manager, it sees it as a drive I believe. I will contact support soon I believe they require an order number, but this was bought at FF21 so I dont have one.