FT lagacy

suj

Hello everyone, I built ft lagacy and it became so much tail heavy. I don't want to add weight in the nose because it is already 780g. Can I move the wing an inch back of the fuselage to get proper CG? Any recommend.
Thank you guys, Happy flying and Happy New Year.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...Can I move the wing an inch back of the fuselage to get proper CG? Any recommend....
I’m not super familiar with the Legacy so take my comments with a grain of salt.
Yes, you can adjust the wing location to achieve a proper CG.
Another alternative, cut the nose off and make it longer. Sometimes I will add 2-3 inches to the nose of a plane. Extend the power pod outwards until you get the plane to balance. This will give you a good idea how much to extend the nose. I cut the nose off and glue in my extension, then glue the original nose back on to my extension.

I recommend you use less glue on your next build. My goal is to use only 1 stick of glue for a plane. Hot glue is heavy, a little is all that you need.

suj

Thank you so much for your input. I'll try with moving my wing little back. If she fly well then as you said in my next build I'll add about 2 inch in the nose and use less of glue.

Happy flying 🛩️

WillL84

I built mine with the dual motor setup and it was VERY tail heavy. I had to add 8oz to the nose to get it to balance on the balance points.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hello everyone, I built ft lagacy and it became so much tail heavy. I don't want to add weight in the nose because it is already 780g. Can I move the wing an inch back of the fuselage to get proper CG? Any recommend.
Thank you guys, Happy flying and Happy New Year.
mine wasnt tail heavy at all. it has a balance point that is a little farther back than usual, and if you built a twin engine version it is meant for a large batterry in the front, larger than a 4s 2200. Ibelieve people had a good experince with a 4s 3300. I dont know what batt you are using, but jsut a tip. mine flies nice with a 4s 22000 with the single engine setup.

WillL84

mine wasnt tail heavy at all. it has a balance point that is a little farther back than usual, and if you built a twin engine version it is meant for a large batterry in the front, larger than a 4s 2200. Ibelieve people had a good experince with a 4s 3300. I dont know what batt you are using, but jsut a tip. mine flies nice with a 4s 22000 with the single engine setup.

I was using the 3300 3s they recommend when buying the plane, probably should have gotten the 4s for the weight. Oh well, I don't have time/place to fly the damn thing so it really doesn't matter lol

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I was using the 3300 3s they recommend when buying the plane, probably should have gotten the 4s for the weight. Oh well, I don't have time/place to fly the damn thing so it really doesn't matter lol
ok. paint it up cool like one of those crazy cool cessna schemes and jsut put it as a display piece. It is amazing for that too, nto jsut flying

WillL84

ok. paint it up cool like one of those crazy cool cessna schemes and jsut put it as a display piece. It is amazing for that too, nto jsut flying

It's currently hanging on the wall with some wheel holders I designed and 3D printed lol

suj

Thanks everyone. Guess what happened!! Like @Merv said, I moved the wing like 2 inches back to the fuselage and maiden to her. Oh man she flew great. perfect power setup and well balance. Unfortunately, I do not have a video but yeah I'm happy, how she was in the sky. Now next fly with Differential Thrust.