• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! FT mini F22 raptor

I am curious if a 28mm EDF with a 13500kv on 2s would fly the FT Mini F22 Raptor. I have a perfect tube that I could modify for intake and output. I really have the itch to buy it all and try it. I think it would be a rocket but wanted some informed opinions.

DamoRC

Mentor
I am curious if a 28mm EDF with a 13500kv on 2s would fly the FT Mini F22 Raptor. I have a perfect tube that I could modify for intake and output. I really have the itch to buy it all and try it. I think it would be a rocket but wanted some informed opinions.
They use that size EDF on the Eflite UMX F-16 on 2S and it has an all up weight of 2.75oz. So I would think you will need a bigger EDF, probably a 50mm, maybe a little smaller will work.

I think I'll get the plans and up the size just a bit and use my great planes hyper flow edf. I have a 4s capable 2420 outrunner installed in it and it PUTS the air out. Its 2200kv and suppposedly designed for 56mm fans if they dont have more thsn 5 blades.