FT simple scout motor selection

Frederic

I'm completely new to the hobby and don't know which motors and props to choose for the simple scout.
I don't want to buy a power pack because I think I can get the parts cheaper if I buy them separately but I couldn't find the motors used in the powerpacks online and I don't know what motor and prop to choose.
I hope you can help me.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Based on What I see, You can use a B or C pack which means any motor that can swing an 8x6 to 10x4.5 (slo fly) prop respectively will work.

the actual values are a bit subjective (as different prop makers produce different thrust per size category)
The C pushes ~2.6 lbs (1250g) of thrust,
and B pushes ~1.65 (750g, Prop depending) of thrust

Somewhere in there. I find Emax.com has wealth of knowledge as some hobby shop site have an overwhelming amount. I tend to go to banggood for comparison numbers. easy to search, and the frequently have all the pertinent technical data I want.

Either way look at your favorite source and see if they can estimate thrust given propeller size. if it is within the range above, you should be golden.

Frederic

Do you think an Emax GT2218-11 with an 11*4.7 prop would be good and is a 30A ESC enough?
Does it make any difference if you use a cw or ccw prop besides that your motor needs to spin in the other direction.

Last edited: