FT Spitfire w/Lazertoyz "Beef" Combo

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Raptor,

That is correct. The linkage should pivot and the rod should remain straight.

raptor3dpilot

On the instruction manua, there is a chart that has gray highlighted boxes I believe those are the default settings. It would just take deciphering the instruction manual to get it to program back to original. I may invest in the $7 reprogramming card. I wonder if my castle reprogramming card will talk to it.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
The programming card makes life much easier, and it's much quicker if you just want to check to see what the settings are on your ESC. They are well worth the money.

raptor3dpilot

Well it looks like I possibly have a bad ESC. I swapped out the LT ESC for a 20A Grayson Hobby ESC and a 25A Thunder Tiger ESC that I had for some other planes and the motor worked like a charm. Wow, that thing puts out a lot of power!

Dan replied to my email with my initial concern pretty quick, so I'll have to send him another email and see about retuning this ESC for a replacement.

Time to minwax and get this thing airborne!

raptor3dpilot

Woo hop! Successful maiden and second flight in the books. I was wicked nervous at first, but wow it flew like a champ. With the 1600mAh battery, I was getting around a 5 minute flight or so. This thing loves to glide! I overshot my intended landing spot a couple times. One landing slid through the baseball diamond and scooped up a lot of dirt. :) I have flaps programmed, so I'm going to give them a try next flight. Time to minwax before she gets ruined.

Chrisl

Sounds like you and I had some of the same issues.. wish I would have seen this yesterday regarding the linkage stoppers.. figured that out that they need to spin a little. Im having issues with my ESC as well and crossing my fingers that I figured out the defalt settings and re did the throttle setting. Mine was or is or was just randomly turning on the motor and the servos stop working... if it did that in the air id be in big trouble. Any idea why it is doing that? anyway, I minwaxed mine last night and plan to fly it after work today (wish me luck) ha. So just to be clear, the SPIT likes to Glide? thats good news!! thats how Ill land her.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Sounds like you and I had some of the same issues.. wish I would have seen this yesterday regarding the linkage stoppers.. figured that out that they need to spin a little. Im having issues with my ESC as well and crossing my fingers that I figured out the defalt settings and re did the throttle setting. Mine was or is or was just randomly turning on the motor and the servos stop working... if it did that in the air id be in big trouble. Any idea why it is doing that? anyway, I minwaxed mine last night and plan to fly it after work today (wish me luck) ha. So just to be clear, the SPIT likes to Glide? thats good news!! thats how Ill land her.
She doesn't mind gliding, just don't get her too slow. It might not tip stall like most Spits, but she WILL stall...