FT Tiny Trainer First Build

Jovis001

So I'm looking to get into the hobby with only 5 mins experience on a 2 channel aircraft before i crashed it. The tiny trainer kit looks like a good kit to start out with, and I plan to use my schools transmitter (Which i'm pretty sure is high-end spektrum) and field.

The kit includes options for batteries (I will use 2s, and probably buy spares) and power packs, but does not mention recievers.
Will I need a reciever, and if so, can anyone reccommend a good 3-4 channel reciever that would be compatible?
I know I will also need a charger, but have heard many scary things about batteries, so any guidance in that area would be great also.

Thanks for any and all help,
Jovis

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
You definitely need a receiver. The receiver gets paired to the transmitter. You need to know exactly the transmitter or you are guessing and probably wasting money.

Get a good balance charger and always balance charge in a safe space at 1C. I use a Turnigy Accucel 6. There are many options to choose from.

Welcome to FliteTest. The TinyTrainer is a fine plane, easy to build and easy to fly. Best of all, it's easy to repair when you crash. :black_eyed:

moebeast

If you are using a Spectrum transmitter, look at Lemon Rx receivers. They are around $6 each for a full range 6 channel. I have 10 of them and haven't had any issues.

Jovis001

Thanks, I had seen some cheap recievers, and some very expensive ones, so wasn't sure of the quality of any of them. I will look into the charger reccommended above also, but will porbably end up with on of the ones off of the flite test store. Also, I will check the transmitter, but the summer holidays have just started so there is no way i can.

Last edited: