FT Tutor Reveal!!

Bo123

Elite member
I just got the newsletter from FT, and it show some pictures of the FT Tutor.

FT Tutor.jpg

Byrdman

To my old eyes it just looks like a fit n trim simple cub with less rounded belly and tail. I'm sure there are more differences' but that's just my old perspective. Still cool to see an old school build again though.

Me too, but it probably flies much better than the simple cub. When this one gets released, I'm going to give up on the Cub and move all electronics to the Tutor. BTW, I crashed my Cub again yesterday. Tip stall to the left 10' off the ground as usual, :)

Byrdman

Is it bigger than the cub? I think that would be a good thing if it was.

I'm sure it will be close to the same size so it will be powered by the B & C motors and be a Swappable. Probably near the same WS with out the rounded tips, maybe lengthened the fuselage an inch or two, and made the tailfeathers a little bigger.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
To my old eyes it just looks like a fit n trim simple cub with less rounded belly and tail. I'm sure there are more differences' but that's just my old perspective. Still cool to see an old school build again though.
I feel the same way on quick glance. looking like they are aiming for a Cessna 172 on this one. If so, great job.

I would enjoy a Cub vs. Tutor comparison.
skyhawk_header_07_2019-1536x1200.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I feel the same way on quick glance. looking like they are aiming for a Cessna 172 on this one. If so, great job.

I would enjoy a Cub vs. Tutor comparison.
skyhawk_header_07_2019-1536x1200.jpg

I would just enjoy being able to actually fly either one instead of that whole toss high and arc back to the ground like a yard dart thing I seem to do best.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Is it bigger than the cub? I think that would be a good thing if it was.
Soooo what I know is that it is "bigger than the cub, smaller than the legacy" and it has tricycle, taildragger, and float landing gear options. Also there is a Turbo Tutor that has a different wing and motor to be aerobatic and even 3D capable.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I think you guys will like this plane ! It flies great ! Edgewater is my home flying field. I got a chance to fly The Tutor a couple of times. I was in the right place at the right time. I was also there when some of the video was filmed on The Tutor and Turbo Tutor. I believe the Tutor flies better then the cub or the scout. Josh passes the transmitter around to the rookie pilots to see how they enjoy the plane. I am a rookie myself.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Hi Everyone,

I think you guys will like this plane ! It flies great ! Edgewater is my home flying field. I got a chance to fly The Tutor a couple of times. I was in the right place at the right time. I was also there when some of the video was filmed on The Tutor and Turbo Tutor. I believe the Tutor flies better then the cub or the scout. Josh passes the transmitter around to the rookie pilots to see how they enjoy the plane. I am a rookie myself.
Soooo the turbo tutor flies now?

Marzipan

I would agree...the majority of these high wing aircraft, like the Cessna and Cub, look the same. they probably have some differences in wing shape and such that affect how they fly...but how big of a difference is there in how the model rc versions handle?