FT Versa toughest plane ever?

I was out flying my VersaWing today with a newly rigged dart drop. :D :D :D I put the trigger on the right hand side with the main elevon stick. (duh) It worked beautifully! But when trying to do a dive bombing sort of maneuver, I nosed it because I was trying to flip the switch and fly at the same time.

Anyhow, that being the THIRD time I've done something pretty drastic to that plane, and I wondered... is this like the toughest most robust plane ever?

I've had five planes... all scratch built. This one seems like the most indestructible I've ever seen.

Thoughts? What's the toughest plane you've seen? Scratch built? or otherwise?

Flynn

I don't have tons of experience but I'll chime in. I've lost the prop or had the motor come out of the motor collar 3 times and had to coast in with no power, not bad. I've also skipped it off the ground so hard the battery flew 20 feet. Nosed into a chain link fence trying to Land on the 2nd flight. Now when I grab it to fly, I say, "Time to fly the tank". It's a beast.

VAND3R

haha i just built my versa wing and flew it today well crashed it today :D i took a huge hit to a wooden fence and multiple nose dives. tons of nose dives more than i can count. I broke three props and the firewall came off all of those three times I just ran inside glued it back together and flew again :D It got dark really quick and i had to go in for good. The only spot that looks damaged is the nose lol It's pretty bad though but still very flyable!

So far my first flight experience was fun!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Mine took me through the "Learning to launch a wing" curve and still flies, so, yeah, it's pretty tough.

I can launch in one throw now, just so you know it's not always like this!

Mine took me through the "Learning to launch a wing" curve and still flies, so, yeah, it's pretty tough.

I can launch in one throw now, just so you know it's not always like this!

Sweet! :D The final launch made it all worth it. :D

Also, I can tell it's Texas by the underbrush. ;D

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Years of frisbee throwing were my nemesis when learning to launch. I just had to get over the tendency to put some spin on it...
It's funny how hard it is to overcome ingrained muscle memory!