FTFC: FT-Build-ruary by DamoRC (The Replacements Edition)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Same here... it got much tighter than expected... which means... the flapjack may turn into a spider. Good luck and great job on what you've accomplished so far. This has been a challenge for all it seems.

I hope you enjoyed it like it have.

You maidened any the the baron and arrow right?

FoamyDM

I see that you built 3 planes completely. To-date

1 Mini Arrow, 2 Bloody Barons and 1/2 a Diamond?

Pretty Awesome!

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Updating the posts now and tomorrow but completed will be 1 arrow, 2 barons, and 1 tiny trainer. Also have a modified FT Racer that could be done by the deadline tomorrow night!

The Tiny Trainer

IMG_3223.JPG

DamoRC

Last edited:

FoamyDM

@Daniel Kezar:It sure is a squeeze Dan, and have no fear you did Great!

@DamoRC: WOW that is FLOURESCENT (do you work in Construction!? :) ) the TT Looks so good. and possibly a FT-Racer to boot?

This is really exciting and fun... and I have to say You are a BUILDING FOOL DamoRC :cool:

We'll have to see how it all shakes out!

FoamyDM

Don't you know it!

So I SUCK at Flying, and my pre-flight is what kills me out in the field.

However, I do like me some building!

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Don't you know it!

So I SUCK at Flying, and my pre-flight is what kills me out in the field.

However, I do like me some building!

im no the best at staying up either but my goal is to not be able to see my ceiling because of planes hanging there.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Done!

Last additional plane build added to the build thread.

IMG_3236.JPG

In the interests of full disclosure, I still need to fit out the battery hatch with some velcro and tidy up in there but she is basically ready to fly.

What a crazy build month. I think I need a week off before starting the March Madness challenge.

Thanks FoamyDM for developing, organizing, and actively driving this challenge forward!

DamoRC

Daniel Kezar

Ultimate Cheap Skate
Done!

View attachment 103219

In the interests of full disclosure, I still need to fit out the battery hatch with some velcro and tidy up in there but she is basically ready to fly.

What a crazy build month. I think I need a week off before starting the March Madness challenge.

Thanks FoamyDM for developing, organizing, and actively driving this challenge forward!

DamoRC

simple and elegant! looks great!

FoamyDM

Done!

attachment.php

Great Job on the Planes, the Write up and while sad not to see the Diamond rebuilt here, these are simple but useful. Did you design the Fuselage using CAD/sketchup or good-ol' 'rithmatic?

Question I have for you is do you want me to ignore the second Bloody Baron?

DamoRC

Tell me about it. I need a week to finish what I couldn't, then a week off, then March Madness, but that won't get me where I want to be with the FTFMM entries.

And you're welcome. Part of me was disappointed that there were only 4 takers. and now I'm glad there were only 4, this time. I'll admit that RockyBoy's article and WWII Design&Build Challenge gave me a great framework to start from.

That's the Long way of saying Thank You for the feedback and positive comradarie throughout the challenge.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Great Job on the Planes, the Write up and while sad not to see the Diamond rebuilt here, these are simple but useful. Did you design the Fuselage using CAD/sketchup or good-ol' 'rithmatic?

Question I have for you is do you want me to ignore the second Bloody Baron?

"Yep" on ignoring the second Bloody Baron.

"Nope" on using one of the three "R"s for the fuse. Used Sketchup.

Sketchup.jpg

DamoRC