FTFC21: Build-ruary by Taildragger (Build skill: 2, Pilot skill: 1 new)

Ketchup

4s mini mustang

Taildragger

Legendary member
I don't see why not, looks like a fun build. Also how long have you been in the hobby? I thought you were a noob but it looks like you know what you are doing with this one.
I am kind of a noob. I built my own RC stuff before airplanes, and discovering foamboard brought an exciting new medium to work with.
My flying skills... well they are almost non-exsistant. I'm hoping that build-ruary will get me to fly more!
EDIT: I'm kinda making up the kitfox as I go, using a three-view drawing as my guide.

Taildragger

Legendary member
HELP
So, I've decided to call this the Master Series Kitfox because of the building style. Because of this, it is also heavy. I'm trying to keep it light, but I'm worried about the wing loading. I was looking and it sounds like it will be between the corsair and bushwacker with like 11-12 oz/sq.ft. Mainly why I'm concerned is that I want to be able to use a "B" Radial motor with 9x4.5 prop, but I don't know if it will be enough thrust. Advise from someone more experienced than me would be appreciated.

Taildragger

Legendary member
1613253411434.png

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
HELP
So, I've decided to call this the Master Series Kitfox because of the building style. Because of this, it is also heavy. I'm trying to keep it light, but I'm worried about the wing loading. I was looking and it sounds like it will be between the corsair and bushwacker with like 11-12 oz/sq.ft. Mainly why I'm concerned is that I want to be able to use a "B" Radial motor with 9x4.5 prop, but I don't know if it will be enough thrust. Advise from someone more experienced than me would be appreciated.
You should be fine.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
HELP
You should be fine, but if you really want to keep it light you could remove the paper from some more of the internal structure. I think that a plane of that size should be great on a c pack, but like The Hangar said you should be fine.