Fun fee paid

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I'm sorry to hear that :(

Are you going to be okay? Maybe talk to a friend, don't keep it inside...it isn't healthy.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Same as I did today. I don't even live in the U.S. but coming to Flite Fest so I must as well.

Do you technically need it for Flite Fest? Also how does flite test work if you don't have AMA do they have something similar in CA?

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Do you technically need it for Flite Fest? Also how does flite test work if you don't have AMA do they have something similar in CA?

andre mentioned it in a podcast dont remember the name but i dont even know if ft accepts foreign model aviation association licences dont think so

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
They (the FAA) can come to my large acreage of non-zoned private property in uncontrolled airspace break down a gate locked by federal statute (small alcohol fuel producer requirements). Then the BATF people and the FAA can fight it out while I fly as usual! They will not get 5 cents from me!:p

I am sick of legislation needed by population centers filled with persons who cannot self regulate being imposed on areas with populations approaching 1 person per square mile or far less.

Thurmond

Last edited:

JDWells

Nothing to add, just general applause for that, Tritium. I'm on the fence myself. Won't be going to Flitefest, though. Too far away for me.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
andre mentioned it in a podcast dont remember the name but i dont even know if ft accepts foreign model aviation association licences dont think so

I think the AMA has a deal with the MAAC, but not a lot of other associations.

The German DMFV has over 85 000 members and my membership includes a worldwide insurance in- and outside of model airfields. I still had to register with the AMA at Flite Fest last year...

Julez

WOT and going nowhere
As someone who has not and will not be registering I'm genuinely concerned that the FAA or other law enforcement will have a presence at Flite Fest (Or really any large RC events). Probably a bit paranoid but still it seems that hotspots of RC activity would be a great opportunity for the FAA to try and flex their muscles.

dvx216

I'm sure the police in Orrville Ohio population around 6,000 would not miss the chance to make a big deal about flying an Rc plane these days.

ridepate

My local Police-Chief, when questioned about it. Looked at me like I had four ears......Told me he's got more important things to do...

ducksoup

Just another way for government to know who you are and what you're doing when it's not their job nor is it any of their business! I will not register, let them throw me in jail, saves me the trouble of paying rent!

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
As with many government things I paid mine with some disgust over the implementation. I did get my money back but I'm thinking that won't be much of a consolation down the road.

I think I too could probably get away with disobeying the law but then there's that little thing, my conscience, reminding me to submit to authority. Uff. chuhh-ching.

Ross

100% with Tritium, if they want my $5 they can come get it, I won't deliver. If they pay my property tax on our 11 acres then we can talk about the sky above it.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I thought it out and paid my 5 dollars. Now I am legally an airplane. When / if some govt jerk comes up and tries to punk me over flying I will let them annoy me and take away my concentration. If I should crash then I will have to make them call the FAA, the local police (besides themselves) the fire department and other emergency responders who MUST be present when an aircraft crash happens and have the offending authority person arrested for interfering with the safe operation of an aircraft and or as a terrorist for harassing the pilot directly causing the crash. Add to that a TON of local news media, a few blood sucking lawers, and I am sure they would start to rethink this whole stupid deal with trying to manage a hobby that people have done for nearly 100 years now.

Just kidding btw. I figured I would post something so crazy just like the idiots that made these laws for toys to begin with. I am NOT looking to cause a problem but nor will I tolerate any infringement on one of the few things I am physically able to do for fun.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
If it wasn't for the evil and the ignorant we wouldn't need much government but that is certainly not the world we live in. We must not be so naive to think otherwise nor prudent to not take steps to correct for this.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
isn't that why we keep a baseball bat next to the front door and the machete next to the bed? Oh and rock salt for the slimy ones to make them wither and shrink.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
isn't that why we keep a baseball bat next to the front door and the machete next to the bed? Oh and rock salt for the slimy ones to make them wither and shrink.

Baseball bat and machete? I'm American... I call 1911 for those that want to threaten my life in my home.