• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FX799T to GoPro 4 Wiring

I have been looking into hooking my Hero4 up to an FPV Tx. I was looking at an FX799T because it's cheap. However, I don't know how to hook the wiring up and what adapter I will need. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks.

Note that the latency from a HD cam like this is terrible - I would say unflyable on a miniquad and scary on a plane.
How much latency will there be? I have seen many FT videos where they used a GoPro in their setup (Flite Test - Intermediate FPV - Project). I am not doing much high speed stuff at the moment (however I may in the future). All I want is to have an enjoyable flight experience with my E-Flite Timber. Thanks for the reply.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
You should be okay if you're flying in an open field, but if you plan to be flying in proximity to objects and hitting gaps, a dedicated FPV camera will serve you much better.

Well I am going to be flying in my rather tight backyard, but once I'm up I normally stay above the trees. I understand what you mean, but how did FT use them on their Spears while flying around poles and through the woods without any problems?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
A lot of what FT does is prefaced with "Don't try this at home kids". The spear episode I watched showed a GoPro beside a regular FPV camera. They use the GoPro to capture HD footage and fly through the FPV camera.