Get Back to Basics!

beacon

With all due respect, I think you've wandered away from your on-line mission statement: to bring people into the hobby.

I came to Flite Test two years ago. It's what got me started in the hobby. I loved the cheap, easy to build, planes, the funny videos, and the ideas. There was a constant flow of new articles and videos that I, as a newcomer, could relate to. But now it's all about building bigger and more unusual things that can fly. Please bring things back to basics! Here's how:
1) New planes: Get back to simple. Offer super easy to build foamboard profile-planes. And more pushers, they stand up better when crashing (which new fliers do more than flying)
2) Simulator: offer a simulator that features your planes. If it wasn't for spending time on a simulator I could never had flow the planes I built. But we really need a simulator that has Flite Test models. Not only helpful, it's a great sales tool as well.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
With all due respect, I think you've wandered away from your on-line mission statement: to bring people into the hobby.

I came to Flite Test two years ago. It's what got me started in the hobby. I loved the cheap, easy to build, planes, the funny videos, and the ideas. There was a constant flow of new articles and videos that I, as a newcomer, could relate to. But now it's all about building bigger and more unusual things that can fly. Please bring things back to basics! Here's how:
1) New planes: Get back to simple. Offer super easy to build foamboard profile-planes. And more pushers, they stand up better when crashing (which new fliers do more than flying)
2) Simulator: offer a simulator that features your planes. If it wasn't for spending time on a simulator I could never had flow the planes I built. But we really need a simulator that has Flite Test models. Not only helpful, it's a great sales tool as well.

I agree, all of their recent video have just been finding out if this huge or weird airplane can fly. What's the point?

Maxx

Totaly agree with you ! Do I want to see a toilet fly ? NO !

FroProHD

I agree, while I loved the afterburner video and rockets being mounted to planes, I think showing off cheaper RTF planes, easy designs, and easily built planes should be more of the focus.