getting back into rc

ryan

So i use to fly planes when i was about 12-13 at the local club and i got pretty good never had any serious crashes got an apprentice and flew the heck out of that then upgraded to a balsa plane and when winter hit about two years later i just didn't start flying the next summer. i threw away my apprentice and kept my balsa wood model. i decided to get my plane out again this year and when i first started flying it, it was way underpowered barely got off the ground. i put a bigger prop on it and it got off the ground and got caught in a breeze and flew behind me i kept it in the air about 20 feet when it tip stalled and went straight into the ground nose first and i stopped trying to fly that plane till i could train on something else. i ordered the ft cruiser speed build kit because i liked the idea of two motors less chance for the plane to be underpowered. i finished the plane and took it to a church near my house with a long parking lot and a huge field behind it, perfect place to fly. the first flight was so amazing, i hadn't flown plane in so long and this was by far the most fun i have ever had flying, it was so easy to fly and a pleasure to do aerobatics with i was so nervous about the landing and i brought it in and it just cruised to the ground perfectly and i was hooked once again i would recommend this kit to anyone wanting an easy plane they can build on and get better while not becoming overwhelmed.

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Well thanks Ryan, that's great to hear. I bet it fells great to get back in to the hobby. Welcome to the family!