Glider and Tow Plane

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
I like the wooden 3 blade, how big and what motor is spinning it?

Remember , this version hasn't flown yet....

12-6 three blade prop ( that I pulled out of a box of props I have)

PAEP 3648-KV770 Motor that I pulled out of something in the past

70 AMP speed controller, that I also pulled out of something in the past.

5cell 4000mAh Lipo battery

We shall see how it works out. :LOL:

Piotrsko

Master member
To be scale, your super cub has way too much power. On a hot day, if you're getting more than 200ft/min up with that combo, there's no challenge. On a really hot booming day, you punch off at 200 ft and out climb the cub.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
To be scale, your super cub has way too much power. On a hot day, if you're getting more than 200ft/min up with that combo, there's no challenge. On a really hot booming day, you punch off at 200 ft and out climb the cub.

Yeah, Not looking for scale.... been there done that with my 1/3 scale super cub. I'm looking for a towing machine!

Vrs 1 took off in less then a foot See it Here. Now I'm going for raw pulling power. ( insert evil laugh) Won't hurt my feelings if I can tow the glider straight up! ( of coarse I'm dreaming... but hey, why not! :D )

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Remember , this version hasn't flown yet....

12-6 three blade prop ( that I pulled out of a box of props I have)

PAEP 3648-KV770 Motor that I pulled out of something in the past

70 AMP speed controller, that I also pulled out of something in the past.

5cell 4000mAh Lipo battery

We shall see how it works out. :LOL:
I can see that working out just fine not only for itself, but on 5s it should tow the glider easily as well

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
85D9C9DD-08E6-469E-ACEE-0B152AFC8C01.jpeg
5E954EEF-3BD2-4170-AAA8-64BC23773970.jpeg
FE6F6CCC-9D07-4FF9-BBA1-7926D4648815.jpeg
7EBBE7AD-8358-47D8-B4E2-AB3E6B559F58.jpeg

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
When's the maiden?! Are you gonna tow it on the maiden flight or are you gonna do some hade launch slope soaring tests first? Have you flown the Cub yet

Questions, Questions! LOL

Hand toss first to check out CG. Check. CG is further forward then I calculated. Add more ballast. Check. Re-toss and check for proper CG...... Check. Videos to follow once uploaded.

Then most likely tow. Will see how things go.

Nope, haven't maidened the Cub yet..... Might do that later today.... will see how the winds behave. ( or how brave or impatient I become ) :D

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Questions, Questions! LOL

Hand toss first to check out CG. Check. CG is further forward then I calculated. Add more ballast. Check. Re-toss and check for proper CG...... Check. Videos to follow once uploaded.

Then most likely tow. Will see how things go.

Nope, haven't maidened the Cub yet..... Might do that later today.... will see how the winds behave. ( or how brave or impatient I become ) :D
Welcome to the valley of the shadow of this addictive hobby. The Cub should fly nice, did you program flaps?

Piotrsko

Master member
Pretty sure that with my fat butt and a normal sized CFI, we were in front of the wing high point generally at the forward cg limit (canopy edge) and really close to gross. Except for the extra sink, it flew better there than solo for me. Yours looked tailheavy in the video
Hope you'll paint it some awful Schweitzer color, white looks odd.