Good, inexpensive Motor/Esc/Prop. for swapables

Bacon8tor

Hey all, I have watched several videos and tried to look based on what comes in the flite test power packs trying to find a decently priced motor/esc/prop and battery for the swappables I have a spit in the mail. Have to wait till next week to order the motor/esc/prop. Looking on hobby king would something along these lines work? Link

on bangood i found these motor

esc

1) which is better setup?(or if someone has a few links to a better option)
2) will the baangood items work together and how do you tell???
3) whats a good size battery to get ??

thanks in advanced
Bacon **feeling over his head**

PhenomPilot

Hey Bacon8tor, the hobbyking motor is too small. It would work on the FT Flyer. The emax motor from bangood will work fine especially if you don't have much experience. I would recommend the 1400kv version though. I run the sunnysky 2212 series 1400kv motors on the bloody wonders with good results. For the spitfire, it might still be a little weak but flyable. If I were to pick a motor for the spitfire, it would probably be
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-E...Series-Brushless-Outrunner-Motor-p-64382.html

The esc from bangood is decent. I have only had them die after they went swimming :)

Recommended battery would be a 3s somewhere between 1800 and 2500 mah

Prop for the emax 2212 1400kv is
http://www.banggood.com/GEMFAN-APC-...rplane-Fixed-wing-Aircraft-1-Pcs-p-69510.html
Get 3

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Bacon8tor,
The 1400kv motor should provide plenty of power for the Spitfire. I ran this motor on mine, and it provided more than enough power.

Bacon8tor

Thanks guys, Ill prolly go with the 1400kv motor with the props and the esc. I can always upgrade later right?? if i get bored and want more power and then i can throw the 1400 in something else . Thanks for the point in right direction.
I have another question now regarding battery chargers? Cant find much on Hobbyking not sure if certain batteries needs to charge at a certain amount or time. ??

battery would this battery need a charger specifically for 11.1volts ???

Last edited:

PhenomPilot

You need to use a charger that can charge 3s lipo, not just any charger. If you are ordering from bangoodor hobbyking, I would highly recommend the imax b6.
http://www.banggood.com/Imax-B6-bat...-PD1205-12V-5A-AC-Power-Adapter-p-966747.html
They come with dual power or dc with/without converter so be aware of which you are buying.

It is recommended to charge the battery at 1C which means that if you have a 2200mah (2.2amp) battery, you charge at constant amperage of 2200mah (2.2amps) until the max voltage is reached. Then it will drop the amperage to not exceed the max votage. Roughly takes an hour to charge.
Fast charging above 1C is not typically recommended even if the battery says it can handle more. (I do occasionally fast charge at 1.2-1.4C if I need to)
Charging at a rate less than 1C is totally fine but usually takes while.