• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

got a question about motor and prop

FDS

A 3 bladed prop will always be less efficient than a two blade. You also create more motor load with a 3 blade, so you should go to a smaller blade length with a lower pitch on 3 bladed props as a rule of thumb.
The motor KV will also be a factor, depending on what voltage you are running it at, low KV motors may not be as good with a 3 blade, performance can suffer very visibly.

skymaster

sorry if forgot to put the size of the propeller. which is a 5x4 its a crazy idea which like all ideas is trial and error. i will let you guys know how it goes ill try and post a picture of my idea later.

Bricks

Get yourself a Watt amp meter for testing different props saved me a ton of money ( not burning up motor or ESC ) and time figuring out what prop is most efficient on what motor. This is the one I use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PKHPC1T/?tag=lstir-20{creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584138860203099&psc=1

Wildthing

Get yourself a Watt amp meter for testing different props saved me a ton of money ( not burning up motor or ESC ) and time figuring out what prop is most efficient on what motor. This is the one I use.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PKHPC1T/?tag=lstir-20{creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584138860203099&psc=1
One step farther is to also get a thrust stand, now you really will know what the setup puts out.

skymaster

thanks guys for all the info. looks like i will need to get a few more tools. but for now here are some pics of what i am trying to experiment with. this will go on the A-10 im working on the tube is just a little bit smaller then the plans which is perfect fit for this setup. so instead of having 4 motors. ill have 2 and 4 propellers .

Attachments