Grayson Hobby Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Depron is a banned building product up here and it costs more than an arm and a leg to get anything wider than 13 inches.

Why is it banned? Is it a "known to the State of California as to cause cancer" type ban?

PaulT

Mentor
CSA (Canadian Standards Approval) I assume has not be granted. This could be because it doesn't meet any or all of our testing before selling a product in Canada. Testing is in the form of toxicity, flammability etc.
Or maybe it's just too darn cold up here and the insulation qualities are such that it would have to be three feet thick to be
effective???

Pilot Scott

FLY LOW
That does look like it was milled a bit too large. Shoot me a PM with your order # or just an address and I'll get a replacement right out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hey Scott, I just got my MJv3 and the prop adapter that was included with the motor seems to be a bit too big. I put the prop shaft on the motor, slip on the collet, then the prop, then the nut to tighten everything down but it still slips right off? Am I doing something wrong?

e789ee09.jpg

Pilot Scott

FLY LOW
OK, sorry guys, there was a day or so delay in my response to PM because I didn't have the email notification turned on but it's fixed now. Everyone will be taken care of in the morning. Thanks again!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
No worries from me. Thanks for getting that goofy prop adapter taken care of. This is the most hassle free customer service experience I can remember.

RC Dad

Just put in our first order with Grayson for one of the Power Combo's. We are building the funbat (our 1st project) and this is the recommended setup. Website order process was easy. Looking forward to getting the stuff :). Now we just have to learn how to fly....

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
That does look like it was milled a bit too large. Shoot me a PM with your order # or just an address and I'll get a replacement right out. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hey Scott, I got the new prop adapter today and it fits like a glove! Thanks for the great and easy customer service.

869f6225.jpg

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Hey Scott, I just saw your prototype MonsterJet on RC Foamfighters review. What can you tell us about it? Expected availability, specs etc.

My foamboard RC Powers F117V2 needs this!

Thurmond

Pilot Scott

FLY LOW
It's a monster. We are in the final testing phases and we should have a release date and final numbers soon. We should also have the data back from Dr.Kiwi soon as well. We sent out several packages for testing and so far the results are way greater than we could have ever dreamed. RC Foam Fighters numbers should be pretty close and right now the price point is at the $39 range. Here are some preliminary #s.

No. of cells 2 - 3 Li-Poly
RPM/V 2200 RMP/V and 2400kv
Max. efficiency 80%
Max. efficiency current 20 - 45 A (>75%)
No load current / 6 V 4,5 A
Current capacity 55 A/60 s
Internal Resistance 22 mohm
Dimensions (diameter. x length) 35x37 mm
Shaft diameter 4 mm
Weight with cables 106 g

Pilot Error

You have a new customer. Couldnt find the spare parts on your website to order a few along with the plane.
Are they not listed or is it just my user headspace?
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.....not used to that with the "other" guys!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.