Greetings from Central Texas

mikebarg

Hi. I live near Austin Texas. I've been flying on and off for about 18 years. Right now the only flyable plane I have is a parkzone T-28. I've flown sailplanes in the past. I really enjoy building. That is what attracted me to the Flite Test site. I started with building stick and tissue models when I was a kid back in the 70s.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Hi. I live near Austin Texas. I've been flying on and off for about 18 years. Right now the only flyable plane I have is a parkzone T-28. I've flown sailplanes in the past. I really enjoy building. That is what attracted me to the Flite Test site. I started with building stick and tissue models when I was a kid back in the 70s.
Welcome to the forum mikebarg! If you love building, you've come to the right place. Lots of talented builders here, good with everything from foamboard to fiberglass. Also, I'm a few hours away up in Arlington. Planning on being in the Austin area this weekend for their local warbird event.

TexAg1993

Howdy, MikeBarg. Sounds like we are from the same neck of the woods, I live in Georgetown. I've had a longtime fascination with flying and dabbled in model rockets when I was younger. At that time rc airplanes were a costly endeavor. I've been to a few shows, and these Flite Test guys have really started to rekindle my interest.

mikebarg

Howdy, MikeBarg. Sounds like we are from the same neck of the woods, I live in Georgetown. I've had a longtime fascination with flying and dabbled in model rockets when I was younger. At that time rc airplanes were a costly endeavor. I've been to a few shows, and these Flite Test guys have really started to rekindle my interest.
That is good to hear that you want to get into the hobby. It is possible to get started with a basic electric trainer and radio gear for around $200. Getting a flight simulator for the computer and practicing is a good way to start.

mikebarg

Welcome to the forum mikebarg! If you love building, you've come to the right place. Lots of talented builders here, good with everything from foamboard to fiberglass. Also, I'm a few hours away up in Arlington. Planning on being in the Austin area this weekend for their local warbird event.
I was out at the warbird show with my son. I saw some really nice planes out there.

awesomebilities

That is good to hear that you want to get into the hobby. It is possible to get started with a basic electric trainer and radio gear for around $200. Getting a flight simulator for the computer and practicing is a good way to start.
Hello from Leander, TX, in between Georgetown and Austin..sorta. I started this hobby late in life, i wanted to spend more quality time with my father in law and he really has a passion for RC so I saddled up and took on the task of balsa, and foam board building...i think i have built every FT plan at least once... I have several (17 or so) hangin in the garage...love to build, okay if we crash..i love to build. Just finished a 64" Corsair Balsa that I fit for Electric...If your in the area lets go fly.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome To Flite Test guys!

Seems you have already made friends and are bonding well.. hopefully you guys are close enough you can meet up to fly on occasion.