Greetings from the Rocky Mountains

jbess

Hello from Colorado Springs, CO,

I'm a long time viewer of Flite Test on Youtube, first time posting on the forums. I have come here a few times in the past looking for answers to questions, and you all seem very friendly and helpful.

I bought a HobbyZone Supercub years ago, and later built a nutball. However, afternoon winds here in make it difficult to fly except in the early morning. I started to get interested in multirotors because they seem more stable in winds than airplanes do. Maybe I'm just a crappy pilot? I bought a Nano QX to learn how to pilot these things, and found them to be awesome platforms. Everyone seems to be buying or building quads, and I just wanted to be different. So just this last month, I bought a Electrohub Tri kit with Power Pack D, and already have a few flights under my belt with this wonderful design.

I do have a few things to ask, I'll post them in the proper areas. Glad to be a part of this large and helpful community, and look forward to some good discussions with you. If any of you are in Colorado Springs area, hit me up with a PM and we can set up a time to fly together.

Jeremiah

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forums.
Larger planes handle the wind better than smaller ones. Something like a Scorch or Bushwhacker will be much better than a Nutball

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Hey! just started a free club, looking to bring more people together and grow the community.

check us out!

www.coloradospringselectricflyers.com
I love the fact you're looking for other Pilots in your area and started a free club. I'm waiting for the FT T-shirts to come back into stock in medium, just so I can wear one around town, when I'm running errands on my day off. I'm hoping somebody will say "Hi, I know that channel, I fly too!"