good idea to fly the umx air tractor?

razorflyer422

hi!, I am a beginner, I have been waiting weeks to go to a trainer night at my local club, but they have canceled this Wednesday and next, and I don't want to wait two weeks, I have a carbon cub and have flown that 3-4 times in the past few years, I have not had any time for various reasons, so I bought a umx air tractor so I could just fly around and not have to go to a big field. would it be a good idea to fly it, or would I probably crash? I did try the simulator at the hobby shop I bought the air tractor from, and I flew good, and even my friend was able to fly the air tractor pretty well before the wind pushed it into a tree. if you are wondering about that, we were excited to try it out, decided to do ground handling, that lead to trying a quick take off and land, but instead a involuntary flight due to strong winds. also would 5-10 mph winds be too much for its first flight?

Shurik-1960

The first flights are best performed in light winds or in calm weather. Why disassemble a model if you can buy a simulator and fly safely at home on a computer or TV? In the simulator, you gain piloting experience and get a little less pleasure from flying. In Russia they say: when you catch fleas, you don't have to hurry))) It's a joke, just like the bears on Red Square. https://aliexpress.ru/popular/rc-real-flight-simulator.html

bisco

Elite member
just fly it inlow winds with safe on, you'll be fine. as you get more confidence, you can switch off safe with the plane 3 mistakes high, and on again to land, until you are comfortable without it.
5-10 mph is fine if there aren't any gusts, and stay away from trees.