Greetings!

silenttuba

Hello all! I've decided to take the plunge and begin my journey into RC Flight. I've had a Syma S107 mini helicopter for a while now, and while I've enjoyed it, I'm ready to move on to fixed wing aircraft.

I actually posted about this a week or two ago in the electric fixed wing sub forum. I haven't purchased anything yet (and likely won't for a month or two; it's been a very mild winter here in NJ, but I still think I'm better off waiting for spring). There's an RC show at a local convention center at the end of the month, and I plan on checking that out (especially the swap meet). I'm hoping to find a decent Tx at a good price (got my eye on a Spektrum DX6i).

As for planes, I'm considering either the HobbyZone Champ, or the Horizon Sport Cub S as my first plane.

Any advice or well wishes welcome. I look forward to learning from you all as I continue the adventure!

War Trout

Hi silenttuba! The Syma S107 was my first flying thing as well, and the Champ was my first plane. I got the Sport Cub S later. I liked both the Champ and the Sport Cub S a lot. I think the Sport Cub S would be a gentler introduction into planes. In beginner mode it is basically impossible to crash it into the ground. However I have first hand knowledge that it can still be crashed into trees and houses. It's also fun to fly in expert mode when you have the skills to do that. I am still a beginner and still working on my skill at flying 4-channel planes.