Help! Guardian Gremlin firmware

joel_d_taylor

Hi All

I am having issues with my Guardian Gremlin Build.

I ran the CLI commands from the Programming video to use if you have a spectrum receiver even though I don't have a spectrum receiver. :

How would I undo that? Hopefully not flash the firmware.

I would rather not push the reset settings button until I understand what it does, but would that sort it?

Thanks
Joel Taylor

Liam B

Hi All

I am having issues with my Guardian Gremlin Build.

I ran the CLI commands from the Programming video to use if you have a spectrum receiver even though I don't have a spectrum receiver. :

How would I undo that? Hopefully not flash the firmware.

I would rather not push the reset settings button until I understand what it does, but would that sort it?

Thanks
Joel Taylor

I'm in a class right now so I'm not sure if this video might be helpful, but there may be a command that helps in this video:

Otherwise, I'm not aware of a command that acts as a backspace unfortunately. You might just need to dump and start over, or it could just be something that affects the receiver tab. Either way, starting over wouldn't hurt too bad. Learning BetaFlight is actually pretty fun even if it seems tedious at first. I know it used to take me hours when I started and now I can set up a full quad in a few minutes in Beta!

Wes B.

Site Moderator
Staff member
Which receiver are you using? The main thing that may effect it is the changes to the rxrange. Use the below commands to set them back to default:

rxrange 0 1000 2000
rxrange 1 1000 2000
rxrange 2 1000 2000
rxrange 3 1000 2000
save

Other than that we just set some serial settings for Spektrum and the serial ports. If you soldered your RX to the same pads we showed then the serial port should be good. You will need to change the RX type in the Configuration tab to match your serial receiver. Let me know the receiver you are using and I can help get you up in the air!

joel_d_taylor

I'm in a class right now so I'm not sure if this video might be helpful, but there may be a command that helps in this video:

Otherwise, I'm not aware of a command that acts as a backspace unfortunately. You might just need to dump and start over, or it could just be something that affects the receiver tab. Either way, starting over wouldn't hurt too bad. Learning BetaFlight is actually pretty fun even if it seems tedious at first. I know it used to take me hours when I started and now I can set up a full quad in a few minutes in Beta!
I agree that I may have to dump and start over, but I can not find a way to do that. I had to do it once with my Tiny Hawk and I downloaded the file I needed that is specific to that model from emax and followed the steps on their website, but I can't find something similar for the Guardian Gremlin. I have emailed flight test support, and hopefully they can help

joel_d_taylor

Which receiver are you using? The main thing that may effect it is the changes to the rxrange. Use the below commands to set them back to default:

rxrange 0 1000 2000
rxrange 1 1000 2000
rxrange 2 1000 2000
rxrange 3 1000 2000
save

Other than that we just set some serial settings for Spektrum and the serial ports. If you soldered your RX to the same pads we showed then the serial port should be good. You will need to change the RX type in the Configuration tab to match your serial receiver. Let me know the receiver you are using and I can help get you up in the air!

Thanks I will try that!