Has anyone seen any decent Bix 3-type plans?

joneill4

I want to scratchbuild a Bix 3 type plane. I am thinking of laminating 3/4" foam and hollowing/sanding most of it away. It looks relatively easy, but if someone else has done the design, I would rather use that.

earthsciteach

Hey, Joneill4 and welcome to the forums!

I haven't seen any. Did a quick search with nothing turning up. One method is to simply take the dimensions and trace out the lines as best you can on a piece of paper and use these as templates as you work the foam. There may be similar plans out there, but not exactly based on the Bixler.

My suggestion is to just jump in and see how it goes!

joneill4

Thank you for your response earthsciteach. I figured as much, as I have searched high and low.

I don't suppose anyone has an unbuilt Bix 3 fusalage that they could photograph while laying on graph paper?

Yeah, I will give it a shot.

The smash drone is a plane more similarly looking to the bixler 1, and I'm working on a new wing design for it so add ailerons and maybe eventually flaps, but the hobby budget has been cut (parents think that college is a higher priority to save/spend my money on) so I haven't ordered the servos that I need to test it with.