Heavy Uk foam board builds, Spitfire V1 and Simple Scout,

Hi
Ive built the FT Scout out of the heavier UK FB, now looking for some motor and Prop options, I mostly use 2200 3s battery,s im guessing i,ll need something more beefy to handle the extra weight. Im not looking for rocket ship fast but i live and fly high in the Brecon Beacons so i have to deal with moderate wind 40-50% of the time so would need to hold they,re own.

FDS

Elite member
My scout has flown in 20mph winds on a 2212 1000kv with a 3s. It has plenty of thrust. Look at the motor data sheets, the thrust is there. You can then get an idea of how much power to weight you are going to get.

My scout has flown in 20mph winds on a 2212 1000kv with a 3s. It has plenty of thrust. Look at the motor data sheets, the thrust is there. You can then get an idea of how much power to weight you are going to get.
Funny enough i bought a load of racestar 2212 1000kv last year when they was a cheap. i,ll try them, what prop would you suggest ?

leaded50

Legendary member
2212 1000KV Brushless Motor at 3s, normally ( as the racestar) would give thrust 885g, 173w effect with a 1047 prop given.

daxian

Elite member
uk foam simple scout used a 2212 1000kv (racestar)on a 9x6 prop more than enough power !!!
flew the mini scout stretched to 150% (as big as the simple) on a 2730 x 1300kv and 8x6 prop (same as a blue wonder)

Reactions: FDS