heli problem

panos thom

Hi guys. I'm new to the hobby and have almost no knowledge about it. I just got a 450 heli and i was doing the head set up but run into some problems. First of all i have an analog pitch gauge and i dont know how to use it. I tried to gauge it with my eye and then tried to fly it and nothing happens. Here's a video of what the heli is doing :

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Hi guys. I'm new to the hobby and have almost no knowledge about it. I just got a 450 heli and i was doing the head set up but run into some problems. First of all i have an analog pitch gauge and i dont know how to use it. I tried to gauge it with my eye and then tried to fly it and nothing happens. Here's a video of what the heli is doing :
Helis are very particular in setup. You need to take your time, and learn to set them up correctly. Eyeballing pitch is never going to be good enough. Here is a youtube video that may help:

I also HIGHLY recommend picking up the RC Heli setup books by John Salt. Those are what taught me proper setup when I struggled with my first CP heli: https://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-helicopter-e-books.html. The setup and tips book, along with the Swashplate setup book, were of huge help.

Lastly, if you haven't already, I highly recommend a lot of simulator time before attempting first flight. It will make you a lot more likely to have a successful flight, and will easily be worth the cost.