Help my 200QX isn't bind with my Tx

The_Mask_888

Help my 200QX isn't working!

Hi, i have a Blade 200QX and wanted to fly it. For some reason is NOT making the bind with my DX6i.

I used to have this drone sync with this radio. I stop use it for maybe 8 months last weekend I recharge my batteries. Plug it in. But is stay flashing blue light until the turns red.

I thought maybe it need to reprogram it . So Followed the directions exactly as few you tube videos. Almost everyone do the same.

after program setting on the radio. Try to bind. Does not work. I clear the memory and reprogram everything from scratch.. i did everything. Then try to rebind but don't work

I test the radio with other heli and plane. And the 350QX. and everything work prefect. Go back to memory. Try to rebind but still not working

It flashes blue And not do anything and the flash red.

Here is a small video of what is happening

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HpMHWh7Z9pKKDy1o7

I even tried to bind with a DX4 . That came with a 350QX and is doing the same.

Does this means I am screwed?

Please help.

Bricks

Master member
Not sure on your version but here is a link to where you tip the drone upside down to put in bind mode.

Here is another One thing I would try and do is move your transmitter farther away from the quad at least 5 feet, it may be picking up rebounded signals and not binding.

Last edited:

The_Mask_888

Thanks for the response. That is what I did. But is not working.

Is possible that the main board gone bad just like that.

Last edited:

The_Mask_888

Update. I just replace the main board. And is still doing the same.

Any ideas.

Can I use the motors and get new flight controller and receiver and build a custom one?

Tench745

Master member
Quick question. In you video you have the transmitter on the bench right next to the drone. Have you tried standing 6 feet away or more and binding? Sometimes the radio signal can be too noisy with the TX and RX that close to one another and adding a little distance makes a difference.
If you replaced the main board and the behavior hasn't changed, that suggests it's something other than the board causing the issues. I haven't used Spektrum in years since I gave my DX6i to my brother so remembering specifics is getting a little fuzzy.

If you do want to gut this drone, the motors could be pulled out and reused. I suspect the ESCs are integrated with the main board, so you would need a reciever, a flight controller and ESCs (or an all-in-one board).

I just searched google for "Blade 200QX teardown" and got this PDF tutorial on putting the electronics into another quad. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...d=1433193835&usg=AOvVaw2iZYfpEiUXxsFCSCDpHpYZ

Last edited:

Tench745

Master member
I also saw mention of a firmware upgrade which requires a special binding procedure to activate the new firmware.

The_Mask_888

Thank you for your response, I tried to step away to the binding with no good results. the weird part is that this was my first drone with my first radio. and suddenly stopped working.

Anyways. I am considering the two you mentioned. One is go to do the firmware upgrade the thing is that I can find the USB plug needed. Everywhere is out of stock, and I can't find it on eBay :-(. the second option occurs me last week to build another drone using the motors. Which is interesting because I don't know what I need. LOL, and also, I will lose the ability of the SAFE technology + Beginner and intermediate Mode. (which I needed) since I am starting again from scratch

By any chance do you have any good recommendations for me.?

I know I need a receiver 6-channel Spektrum for Drones and a Flight controller. Can you give me a good example of an All In One board that can be hooked to the Receiver?

The_Mask_888

So just to update. After exchanging parts and lot of trouble shooting. I figured out.

For some reason . This drone only get in bind mode if i tip it to the front. And after I turn Drone in binding mode. When I turn on the Radio with the bind button. I was holding it for too long.

I just need to hold it for maybe 3 -4 secs and then release it. (Even nothing happened) After that the drone it self bind (takes like 10 secs) and binds and work perfectly.

Don't know why this is different since others blades aircrafts you have to wait for the initial beep. But that is what I got it working. Other drones (same model) don't have to tip it. But that made it work

I tried like 3 times and it works.

Hope this helps to others

Last edited: