Hello everyone!

My name is Joe and I'm a flyer from Northern California. I've been a long time fan of the FT videos, and I am finally joining the forums to start researching my first foamboard build. I registered to fly at the 2017 FliteFest West, and figured it would be fun to bring a FT plane to join in the fun (and hopefully get covered in autographs!).

I've decided to build a FT Explorer for my first build, and will be following the build of keithluneau (bonafidepirate on YT). I'm looking to build a high flying FPV pusher setup. If I can have it dialed in for LOS by April, though, I'll be content!

I really enjoy building and flying 3D planes and multirotors. I feel like I will always be a beginner pilot, but the crashes are getting fewer and farther between. I look forward to chatting and sharing with everyone!

Cheers, fly high!

Stares@Flames

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Welcome to the Forum Joe! Your "first build" comment suggested the possibility you've been flying other things. What else have you flown or had interest in? Ths being the first West FF your feedback for those of us not gong will be of interest. Keep us informed of your build and remember, photos/videos are more than authorized and encouraged, around here, anythng you want to brag about didn't happen without them.:black_eyed:

Again, welcome.
—Jim

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Welcome to FliteTest. Love the moniker! Kinda reminds me of my first builds with KISS ESCs. :black_eyed:

Thanks guys!

I have flown a few hobby store electric trainers, fun 1100mm Cubs. After watching a lot of Flite Test videos I was craving a 3D plane, so I'm now learning on an MX2 3D EPP 955mm from Hobby King. I got into flying fixed wing after having a lot of fun with my multirotors, and was exposed to all the great online RC communities that way. I started flying about three years ago and have built up two of the S500 frames, the first on a KK2 board, the current one on a MultiWii Pro. I have loaded them up with every bell and whistle, flight cams, FPV, lots of LEDs, and a few bombs. I had a horrible experience with my first attempt at FPV (flyaway, gone forever:black_eyed:), so I am slowly working back up the courage to strap on a set of goggles!!! I am hoping an FPV fixed wing will offer a more forgiving learning experience. I fly everything on a Taranis, and I'm in love with it!

I enjoy tinkering and building as much as flying, and my flying shares my free time with lots of other hobbies like furniture making and wine drinking. I'm also a full time computer science student, and actually fell in love with programming after months of trying to understand my flight controllers!

I am mostly a park and rural field flyer, and have never attended a club event. Flight Fest will be my first time at an RC field and I'm excited to just hang out, soak it all in, and hopefully learn a ton!