Hello from Bristol - UK

FOTD

Hello everyone.
My name is Jakub. I'm 34 years old guy from Poland who decided to move to UK 12 years ago.
I was in to RC cars and helicopters many years ago. Year ago I've decided to go back to the RC hobby and I chose planes this time.
Started with very popular in UK, trainer plane - WOT 4 Foam-E by Chris Foss.
As my first Flite Test model to build I chose FT Sea Duck. What a plane! From the first day it becomes my favourite plane. I really love the foam board. It's so light and easy to work with.

Now I'm planing to build 200% Spitfire.

_MG_3550.jpg

_MG_3524.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome to Flit Test Jakub

Well done with the Sea Duck build. Looks nice mate. Those low shots of it are a neat but rare perspective and show really how good these look and fly. Keep posting pictures and video when you can the forums run off of them. We also love seeing what others are doing and learning more about our friends from all over the world.

JakeyTheHakey

Hi Jakub
Welcome! You are the second person I hear who likes the seaduck as their favourite. Seems that I want to build one in the future.
:) awesome

FOTD

I've said that I will build a 200% Spitfire but I have to admit that it become a lie...
I've build 227% spitfire. It is still under construction but I may have a chance to fly it for the first time this weekend as I've almost finnished it.
There will be cosmetic stuff to do like painting it but plane itself is almost finnish.
It's massive!!! :)
IMG_1922.jpeg IMG_1935.jpeg

d8veh

Elite member
That is big! I that guess a guy who learnt to fly on a Wat4 Foam E can do anything. Good luck with your maiden. If it flies, can we expect some construction details?

FOTD

I hope it will fly.
I’ve fitted my Spitfire with flaps. Just in case. 😜
At the moment im working on rudder nad elevator servos. I will record my maiden flight and post the video on YT so you will definitely get the link.
I will fly my trainer inverted before Spitfire maiden to get the filing for the low wing plane.😂
I’m only hoping that I will get enough power from the motor.
I have a similar setup to 200% FT Spitfire which according to David was overpowered so I should be fine. I hope. 😜

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I've said that I will build a 200% Spitfire but I have to admit that it become a lie...
I've build 227% spitfire. It is still under construction but I may have a chance to fly it for the first time this weekend as I've almost finnished it.
There will be cosmetic stuff to do like painting it but plane itself is almost finnish.
It's massive!!! :)
View attachment 118667 View attachment 118668
Most surfboards are symmetrical. Are you sure you got that right, in the first pic? Oh. It's the wing. My bad. I can't wait to see vid of that flying!

However, I don't think the Finnish had anything like the Mustang. I might be wrong, though. :geek::LOL::cool:

d8veh

Elite member
Good point. If the plane doesn't fly, at least you'll be able to go surfing in Weston Bay. You get some pretty exciting standing waves off Brean head when the tide's running.