Hello from Seattle, WA

Rictshaw

Hello all. My username here is rictshaw. I started in the RC hobby back in the 1980s. I did mainly histart gliders, hotliners, with some slope soaring and park flying thrown in, for about 15 years. Then, other interests took me over, and I didn’t do any RC for about 15 years.

Its amazing how much the electronic technology has changed between back then, and now.

Now, I’ve just recently rediscovered the hobby, mostly because of the FT STEM EZ systems. I’ve installed the 2 channel systems in several 14 - 17 inch wingspan models and I’m having a blast.

Over the past few years I’ve been losing my eyesight due to macular degeneration, so I can’t fly gliders until they’re a dot in the sky anymore, but right now I can still see well enough to keep the little EZ planes flying in close. I’ll attach a few pics of my designs, as well as some of the FT designs, that I’ve built.

I can’t solder correctly any more, so right now I’m searching for someone in the Seattle area who can solder battery/esc/charger connectors for me, so I can fly some of my other, slightly larger models…turns out, if you can’t solder, its very difficult to setup the electronics in anything larger than the EZ premade system.

I’ll attach a few pics of my designs, as well as some of the FT designs, that I’ve built.

Attachments

• 7CF55DF5-6CA4-4FFF-BBA8-4E7371B31EBD.jpeg
    7CF55DF5-6CA4-4FFF-BBA8-4E7371B31EBD.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2ECCCDEF-7A95-439F-8CDE-8C0B069818BF.jpeg
    2ECCCDEF-7A95-439F-8CDE-8C0B069818BF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 9A76C85B-16FB-45B0-B75B-29AE6CF0FFE3.jpeg
    9A76C85B-16FB-45B0-B75B-29AE6CF0FFE3.jpeg
  • 66FD39E5-2264-462C-8F2A-1888CD71BFA6.jpeg
    66FD39E5-2264-462C-8F2A-1888CD71BFA6.jpeg
  • 6822FB42-99D5-45BE-8D31-A228F2AD2070.jpeg
    6822FB42-99D5-45BE-8D31-A228F2AD2070.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

RossFPV

Hello all. My username here is rictshaw. I started in the RC hobby back in the 1980s. I did mainly histart gliders, hotliners, with some slope soaring and park flying thrown in, for about 15 years. Then, other interests took me over, and I didn’t do any RC for about 15 years.

Its amazing how much the electronic technology has changed between back then, and now.

Now, I’ve just recently rediscovered the hobby, mostly because of the FT STEM EZ systems. I’ve installed the 2 channel systems in several 14 - 17 inch wingspan models and I’m having a blast.

Over the past few years I’ve been losing my eyesight due to macular degeneration, so I can’t fly gliders until they’re a dot in the sky anymore, but right now I can still see well enough to keep the little EZ planes flying in close. I’ll attach a few pics of my designs, as well as some of the FT designs, that I’ve built.

I can’t solder correctly any more, so right now I’m searching for someone in the Seattle area who can solder battery/esc/charger connectors for me, so I can fly some of my other, slightly larger models…turns out, if you can’t solder, its very difficult to setup the electronics in anything larger than the EZ premade system.

I’ll attach a few pics of my designs, as well as some of the FT designs, that I’ve built.
All of the Flite test power packs don’t require soldering.

Tench745

Master member
Some hobby shops will solder for you, especially if you bought the supplies from them. If I wasn't on the opposite side of the country, I'd be happy to help.
Closest member to you that I know of is @Zetoyoc, but he's in Oregon somewhere. Hopefully someone closer will chime in here.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Welcome! There's a few folks from the PNW here on these forums.

Somebody a little closer to Seattle may be able to help with your soldering. I'm not much of a help, but as a previous poster mentioned, most of the FT stuff doesn't require soldering.

Rictshaw

Flyinsparky, thanks for your reply. Looks like I can use the “start a conversation” function here to give/receive some info. Let me try that now…