Help Needed :(

Right. Understand. Only 2 cables from the esc to the receiver because it doesn't supply the power for the onboard components because it doesn't have a bec. The external bec is to be connected to the same xt60 connector and then plugged into the receiver to power the onboard equipment. Fantastic. Thats why there was no positive wire from the esc. All makes sense, feel a lot better about this now hahaha.

Edit. Should I just snip off that adapter and solder the bec onto the same xt60 connector the esc is connected to?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Right. Understand. Only 2 cables from the esc to the receiver because it doesn't supply the power for the onboard components because it doesn't have a bec. The external bec is to be connected to the same xt60 connector and then plugged into the receiver to power the onboard equipment. Fantastic. Thats why there was no positive wire from the esc. All makes sense, feel a lot better about this now hahaha.

Edit. Should I just snip off that adapter and solder the bec onto the same xt60 connector the esc is connected to?
You could, eliminates any unforeseen unplugging or shorting out issues later

Wildthing

Legendary member

If you have more of those connectors you could solder one to the XT60 connector that way you can unplug the bec totally and use it else where if needed without having to do more soldering

Ahh gotcha. Solder some spare wires on the main xt60 that the battery is connected to. Attach xt60 female port on the end, then solder xt60 male onto the bec. Genius. Pretty novice with electronics thanks for bearing with me, can I just use spare red and black wires from other obsolete rc components

Bricks

Master member
Ahh gotcha. Solder some spare wires on the main xt60 that the battery is connected to. Attach xt60 female port on the end, then solder xt60 male onto the bec. Genius. Pretty novice with electronics thanks for bearing with me, can I just use spare red and black wires from other obsolete rc components

Yes even old servo wires will work just do not forget POSITIVE goes on the center pin to the receiver if you turn that around you will fry your receiver. If you have a servo wire from an old servo with the right pin I would use that red wire and just plug it back into the center of the black and white connector to the receiver. I would solder right to the ESC XT60 unless you plan on using this ESC in a quad. Why have all the extra connections and weight if you do not need it.

Wildthing

Legendary member

That will work, I was thinking more of the red connectors though ( quite a bit smaller :) ) , I think they are JST connectors but the XT60 will do but are overkill. Or like @Bricks said if you have any old servo connectors or even a servo extension that has a male and female end and cut it in half and use it. Not a ton of current going through the BEC .

Okay lads its d-day. Just to make sure.

1. Cut insulation off the wires from the esc to the battery. Not all just enough to solder the extra wires on.

15762798030545283581683167976856.jpg

2. Solder wires from old servos onto the exposed wire and attach xt60 onto the end.

3. Cut off prong from the ubec and solder on xt60.

15762800573664147668185260896895.jpg

4. Good to go.

15762851939696426507957101987103.jpg

Snip the JST connector, my mistake, that could have gone bad. One last question. Can I remove this connector here and attach the black connector from the receiver bind cable.
15762854131536221007404109225649.jpg
It fits perfectly into the receiver.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Apologies I keep overthinking this. Signal is top and the 2 bottom ones are positive and negative
I can understand your trepidation especially when it all looks Chinese to you, don't want to burn anything up. I was the same way when I started, and I was just calibrating my first ESC lol. You are doin good man, it is all learning. Then once it is all together and works, that's when the brain clicks and you will be doing this with your eyes closed

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
It is possible to remove the pins from plastic connectors. Be sure to observe which way the pins go, don’t put them in upside down. To remove the pins, lift up the plastic tab with a needle or hobby knife. Replace the JST end with the servo end from the bind plug.