Help with my Axn floater.. :/

i was wondering if u could help me with my axn..
i brought the pnf version
added my rx and a turnigy 2200 3s 25-35c li-po..
turned my tx on, battery plugged in..
servos all moved and worked fine (weido chime noises at the time)
then turned the motor on a touch.. fine..
added just over half throttle and it made a horrible noise and started to smoke a bit..
hasnt worked since.. (spun up.. just judders about)
any ideas,.? never been flown so i really want to get it flying while the weather is ok
cheers

earthsciteach

You probably have a fried motor. You may be lucky and just have a bad solder joint. You can try to re-solder the motor connectors. Do you see any blackened motor windings?

You probably have a fried motor. You may be lucky and just have a bad solder joint. You can try to re-solder the motor connectors. Do you see any blackened motor windings?

i will try upload a video after i get home from work to better show my problem..
but nothing looks any different to how it was before i started it up..
so i hope that the motor is okay..

earthsciteach

Have you tried recalibrating the esc? I have no idea if this will help, but its worth a shot.
To do that, Turn on your tx, push your throttle to full, then plug in the battery to the esc. You should here an initial beep or two, then a pause, then a series of beeps. Usually, the esc calibration is the first set of beeps after the pause and is a series of single beeps. Once that first series of beeps start, move your throttle stick to the minimum position. You then should hear the normal "start-up" beeps.

If you have instructions with your esc, you can try to change the timing. Again, no idea if this will help, but worth a try.

Beyond that, do you have another motor you can try the esc with, and another esc you can try the motor with?