Help with Tiger Moth build

Les1951

Hi all
Can any of you accomplished model builders help me with a small problem I have, I have been given a balsa Tiger Moth kit the model is the 36”wing span DH Tiger Moth WP2675 supplied by Traplet Publications, I am keen to start but the kit has been opened and never started all the laser cut parts are present as are the plans but there is no build instructions or guild I assume this has been misplaced I understand that there is also usually a list of all extra materials that are needed to complete the model.
Has anyone out there had any dealings with this model or are able to put me in touch with anyone who may still have the original paperwork and would be willing to post a copy or PM me with a copy. I know it’s a bit of a long shot but you never know.
I would really appreciate any help with this.
Many thanks
Les

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
If the plans are there that is probably all you will get. There are many great series on youtube on how to build with balsa that should help a lot. Jeffery keith does a great job explaining how to build the wings and tail of balsa kits if you look his videos up.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Looking at the Traplet website, it looks like they offer the laser cut wood and the plan set, there is no mention of any instruction manual. As AkimboGlueGuns indicated, there may not be any manual.

If that is the case, the way I'd approach it would be to separate all the included parts into their main assemblies - top wing, lower wing, fuselage, tail surfaces, etc. With some of the kits I've done I end up with extra pieces, and don't know where they go. To make it more fun, sometimes there are extra pieces not used in the kit that will keep you wondering! Lay out the parts for whatever assembly you are working on and try to determine if anything is missing. If you have a "short kit" you'll probably be missing sheeting, rib spars, leading edge, and other pieces you can get at the Local Hobby Shop. If the kit is complete you'll know it as you lay everything out

You can also look on www.rcgroups.com for help with this specific kit, as there are probably others out there who have built it. Maybe somebody was good enough to create a build thread.

Les1951

Hi Thanks to you both for your replies

AkimboGlueGuns I have found the You Tube videos by Jeffery Keith I will watch them for guidance.
I am beginning to think you are right about there being no instructions, I was unable to find any information regarding building instructions of any kind when I looked on the Traplet website, I sent them an e-mail requesting help but no response so far, so I am still trying to find some sort of guide or instruction to help me with the build, Joker 53150 I will follow your advice, it may be that no build information comes with the kit and it is assumed that the buyer knows how to build this kind of kit, while it may be that some experience is required it would be very short sighted not to include some sort of basic guide, how else can experience be gained it would also limit this type of kit to a smaller market.
Thanks again for your help, hopefully something might turn up.
Les

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
What is available really depends on how experienced of a builder this kit was intended for. A lot of people just buy the plan page and build everything from that while others would want/need more. Hopefully the people who made the plans or the kit created additional documentation to go along with it, but it won't surprise me if they consider it "advanced" enough to not include it.

MoHawkins

362 Tiger Moth instructions

Build instructions for this model appeared with a free plan in the March 2012 issue of Traplet's own "RC Model World" magazine, together with photographs of the assembly stages and a very attractive colour scheme for an RAF Formation team aircraft from the 1930's. I know it is a long time since this request was posted but if the aircraft is still unbuilt I could probably scan everything and send it to you. Email me on mohawkins99@hotmail.com. (I live in the UK)